We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of 3 hotels?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best of 3 hotels?

This will be my first time to Ocean City. I am traveling with an 11 and 13 year old. We have narrowed it down to Quality Inn Oceanfront (54th street) Quality Inn Beachfront (33rd street) and Dunes Manor Motel. We want to be near the action but not "in" the action. I am aniticipating most days spent at the beach, with time at the pool as well.

Are all of the hotels nice? Q.I. Oceanfront had the highest rating on tripadvisor of the 3. I'd like an oceanfront room with a balcony. Is one area better than another? One hotel better? Any advice is appreciated.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

I would say you'd want to stay near the boardwalk, with kids that age. So the last two mentioned would be a short walk to the north end of the boardwalk (27th St.), where you could catch the tram to go to the south end and the rides, etc.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

We like the Quality Inn Boardwalk on 17th Street. We have stayed there very many times in the past and we will be staying there again this summer. The hotel is older but just completed renovations this winter. There are two outdoor pools and an indoor pool. Most rooms have a private balcony overlooking the ocean. We like the tower building, which is a bit newer than the main building and with the exception of the second floor, has interior corridors. We have found the staff members to be friendly and the hotel to be in an ideal location. The hotel isn't outrageously expensive like the Hilton and the Holiday Inn next door.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

I've actually stayed at all 3 and will give you my thoughts.

Oceanfront QI.......very nice. Has lots of ammenities. Also has the best views of the ocean of the 2 QI's. If you get an atrium room though you will find it very noisy, especially the birds. And walking through the atrium you need to be aware of the birds (I got pooped on). It's the furthest from the boardwalk and action, but close to some good restaurants like Hall's, Mackey's, and Galaxy 66. Also within walking distance of Seacrets!

QI Beachfront. I like this hotel. It's in a good location and within walking distance of the end of the boardwalk at 27th St. You can walk from the hotel to the end of the boards and hop on the boardwalk tram and ride it to the other end of the boardwalk where the rides, etc. are. It has a nice pool and a snack bar inside, and you are right behind Anthony's for some delicious subs and sandwiches and of course, beer. For restaurants, you're close to Jonah and the Whale buffet (which I'd skip) Coins (excellent!) Buxy's Salty Dog (Steeler's bar, but very good food), Castle in the Sand ayce buffet, and OC Wasabi. The hotel itself is showing its age though and while still nice, it could use some updating. And if you can get a suite..........do. They're very roomy and ours had 2 bathrooms which was very convenient.

Dunes Manor. My favorite. All rooms are oceanfront, but perhaps not as spacious as the QI on 33rd St. Very clean and well kept, great restaurant inside, a large porch off of the restaurant with rockers to sit and relax, very nice pool. They serve complimentary tea and cookies or crumpets every afternoon around 1, and in the evenings they have sing a longs in the lobby around the grand piano. It is closer to Coins than the QI, and the Fractured Prune is next to Coins in case you want some hot, fresh, made to order doughnuts in the mornings with some fresh hot coffee or milk. You're also only a couple blocks from Ember's buffet (one of the three best in OC). There is also the Pirate's Plunder Museum on 26th St and Coastal Highway , and Planet Maze laser tag on 33rd St for the kids. And Jolly Roger Amusement Park and Waterpark is on 29th St. and Coastal. Plus you're only 1 block to the boardwalk.

My opinion is go with the QI on 33rd St. simply because of the room size, or the Dunes Manor. But you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

Wow. Thanks for all of the info. i will save it to use in making restaurant selections while we are there!!

Are the views from Dunes Manor good and how are the pools? Am I correct, that they have both an indoor and an outdoor?

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

Every room at the Dunes Manor is oceanfront with a private balcony. So you will get those wonderful ocean sunrises every morning. The Dunes does have both indoor and outdoor pools and a beach bar. The pools are very nice and clean, but not huge. But certainly plenty of swimming room.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

Take a second and send for the Visitor's Guide.

http://ococean.com/visitor-guide/

And you can always ask the Ocean City Insiders for their opinions too.

ococean.com/explore-oc/…get-answers

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

There is only one pool at the Dunes Manor. Part of it is inside and the rest is outside. I think that the hotel would be even nicer if it was updated.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

Thank you momoo for suggesting the other website for opinions. I think we have ruled out Dunes. Was my favorite, but the kids didn't like the looks of the pool. I am excited for our vacation!!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

You're welcome. You'll have a great time no matter where you are. OC is so easy to get around. Two others worth considering are the Carousel and the Princess Royale. They are both in North Ocean City and not close to the boardwalk, but like I said, OC is one long street, so easy to navigate. You don't mention your dates, but have you considered the middle of the boardwalk for a hotel? You're far enough away from the arcades and rides, but still close enough to walk or ride the tram to the action. I reccommend the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th , the Spinnaker on 18th, and the Grand on 21st St. You're still in the action, but not the noisy action. Just some suggestions.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best of 3 hotels?

The Spinnaker is a nice, well-maintained motel on 18th Street. It was just renovated this past winter and while not oceanfront, it is a short walk to the boardwalk and beach (no streets to cross). It has an outdoor pool and the rooms have kitchenettes and private balconies.

http://www.ocmotels.com/spinnaker/index.php