We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

East Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

Hello Ocean City admirers, I'm looking for some suggestions for nice (not too fancy) places to eat to celebrate a few milestones (birthday/anniversary) while in Ocean City in late May with my husband. I would love to be at a place that has a simple table for two, candlelight and the ocean in the background. One "nice romantic” night out would be a great memory to have while on our first trip to Ocean city. Other than a nice place to eat I am all about the fries at Thrashers....I keep reading that they are best. Safe travels everyone.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

For a romantic dinner, you're better off on the bay side watching the sunset. I suggest Fagers. Can't get better than that.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

I agree with momoo. Fager's has great food and an awesome view. Make reservations so that you are dining during sunset.

New York
Level Contributor
663 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

I would add you make reservations upstairs in the dining room not downstairs. In case you don't know there are two different dining areas at Fager's.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

I also like Charley's Bayside for a nice water view, usually a few ducks walking around and decent food. Romance can often be difficult as most places have kids. I think the finer dining is in Rehobeth.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

We love eating at Harrison's Harbor Watch after dark. It overlooks the inlet, and there's constantly a huge flock of seagulls flying in the area. When they are illuminated by the building's spotlights against the black sky, it's the most amazing sight.

Harrison's food is pretty good. I'm not sure the overall experience is "romantic," but that view is really dramatic.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

Frescos is a good choice. Nice view of the bay. Ask for a table by the window.

East Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

Thank you everyone so much! The restaurants suggested sound great! Thanks for the tip about the different levels for dining at Fagers…..who knew! This is why the Tripadvisor community is great, they’ll never steer you wrong. And hey Romance is what you make of it right? Really looking forward to visiting Ocean City and walking the boards. May everyone have amazing travels this year!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

Nobody mentioned it but Fager's has sunset dinners where they play the 1812 overture right as the sun sets.

Want a real romantic dinner? Go to the end of the pier at Northside Park on 125th St, take a blanket and a cooler or picnic basket, and a bottle of wine and watch the sun set on the bay. That is one of the most romantic spots in OC.

9. Re: Suggestions for a Romantic dinner in Ocean City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations