We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Going to O.C. in July and would like to go out to eat maybe one nice dinner and a casual boardwalk type of place with my husband and two boys ages 7 and 8. I like Seacrets, but towards the end of dinner I did not like the unappropriate behavior that was starting around us.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

There's a pirate-themed restaurant on the main drag that my nine-year old daughter liked. Food was average.

Harrison's Harbor Watch is a nice place with good food and a great view, at the end of the boardwalk if you're doing rides after dinner.

Angler is rustic, nice view right on the bay side, good food if not great. They have a fun "fisherman's game," where you try to swing a metal ring attached to the end of a rope onto a hook on the wall. Kids seem to love that. And they have a free 45-minute cruise after dinner.

All three are very family-friendly.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Almost anywhere in OC is good for food. Kids all love Fish Tales on 21st and the bay. And I think Intrepid is thinking of Dead Freddies on 64th St as the pirate themed restaurant. MR Ducks on Talbot St on the bay or any of the marina restaurants are always good. BJ's on the Water on 75th St. is good and they feed the ducks and geese daily at 1. On the boardwalk, Harrison's Harbor Watch at the inlet is very nice........ask for a window seat. Shenanigans is always good. Our favorite restaurant is Captain's Table on 15th St. in the Courtyard Marriott. There is really no view though. We just love the food. Ocean View Grill on 15th is good for barbeque. If you go to west OC, try Sunset Grille or Hoopers. Big Peckers ...........and sit outside on the swings.

Avoid Paul Revere's and Jonah and the Whale.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Fish Tales, Dead Freddies and the Delazy Lizard are very kid friendly and have a play area. Dough Roller, Conner's Beach cafe and Big Peckers are great for kids too.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Seacrets is no place for 7 and 8 year old kids ANYTIME in July. Although I wish my parents would have taken me to see the bikini wearing girls back then. All of the above mentioned places are good for kids during dinnertime. Most 7 and 8 year old kids I know LOVE McDonalds....but the atmosphere just isn't the same for the adults!

I recommend going to dinner early (around 5pm) to beat the crowds. Nothing worse than being with a bunch of 7 and 8 year old kids and being told it will be 45 minutes before a table is available.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

There are also quite a few all you can eat buffets around town, but be aware.........they are VERY expensive for a family. While the options of what to eat for kids is a lot better, you might be better off at a regular restaurant. Most of the buffets are about $30 per/person. If you're going soon, Ember's is running a special right now with an $8.00 per person discount every night. But like I said........avoid Paul Revere on the boardwalk and Jonah and the Whale on 28th St.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Thank you everyone for the great advice. We have gone to Ocean City every year since I was little but we never went out to eat. Every so often we would eat at Phillip's. My parents usually just bought seafood to cook in the room. Does anyone know what the name of the pirate themed restaurant is called or approximately around what street?

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

It's Dead Freddie's mentioned above on 64th Street.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

Thank You Dude 2360! I guess I was not paying attention when that was explained earlier.

Edited: 03 May 2011, 19:41
9. Re: best place to eat with 7 and 8 year boys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 20:19