We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentals on beach

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rentals on beach

Are there chair and umbrella rentals on the beach near the Hilton? If so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rentals on beach

Yes. They have daily and weekly rates. If you are staying at the Hilton you can afford them! I believe the Umbrellas are in the neighborhood of $15/day and the chairs are $6-$8/day.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rentals on beach

the current deal as of today is ... 20 bucks for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. That's alot of money over many days

Seems silly to me... stop at roses on the way in and buy and umbrella and two chairs for 12 bucks. Come on people lets save our money!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rentals on beach

I have a picture of the sign on the blue rental boxes and the cost is $14.00 for umbrellas, sand chairs $8.00. And there are 3 day and weekly rentals available as well. Sorry I can't post the picture on here, but it was just taken a few weeks ago.

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rentals on beach

I have to agree with Microchip, go to roses and buy your stuff. The stuff is cheap enough to buy it and leave it or give it away at the end of your vacation if you don't have room in your vehicle to take it home. Even for kids stuff like sand toys and boogie boards. The store is kinda dirty and cluttered, but they always have cool cheap stuff.

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rentals on beach

Thanks everyone!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rentals on beach

Pray, tell more about this mysterious "Roses" place...

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rentals on beach

Its like a 5 and 10 store. Located on 94th street in the shopping plaza. Another good place is any one of the hundred or so Sunsations stores in OC. The have lots of stuff for decent prices too. I won't tout roses too much, I have a little animosity for them. I used to work for the company that serviced their air conditioning.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rentals on beach

I absolutely love Roses. It's the tackiest, most dumpy place you'll ever be in, but there isn't anything you can't find there. I bought a motion activated 4' high witch one year for $20 that I still have to this day that scares the kids every Halloween. And I bought a small blue speckled covered roaster there that I couldn't find anywhere else. They sell EVERYTHING! OC shirts, sunscreen, basics, shorts, sunglasses, dishes, paperware, games, toys.........anything you can think of. Love it!

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rentals on beach

I agree with you momoo....they do have everything. Good place to stock up on junk for the vacation and for stuff you can't find elsewhere in OC.

10. Re: Rentals on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations