We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini golf?

Pittston
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mini golf?

is there a mini golf place that is better than the rest...probably be going with my 5 and 3 yr old about 8:00ish....also wondering if anyone sneaks a few drinks on the beach during the day..it will just be myself, my wife and the two kids.. do i have to worry about cops or lifeguards arresting me?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,209 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini golf?

"is there a mini golf place that is better than the rest...probably be going with my 5 and 3 yr old" from their perspective, probably not

everyone sneaks a drink onto the beach.... so I hear. I, of course, follow all of the rules. Just don't have any bottles and as they say at the Ravens games "Don't Be A Jerk" and you will be fine. I think mixed drinks in plastic are the easiest.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
63 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mini golf?

Just returned from OC and we golfed for the first time at the indoor "undersea" course at Old Pro on 67th street. My 8 year old was highly impressed with it; you golf through a submarine and around other sea life. There was also a dinosaur course outside (at the same location) that also looked pretty impressive. We golfed during the day and I really liked being indoors and out of the sun and heat. We mini golf somewhere every year in OC and this was my favorite course so far... as far as the alcohol I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you are subtle. The regular posters might have more insight, but I saw people with beer at their towels and no one seemed to notice.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mini golf?

Not to make anyone paranoid, but we can all tell who has beer even before you take it out of your hiding place. There's a tell...

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mini golf?

In regards to the alcohol on the beach part of your inquiry, check out this thread from another Ocean City forum:

www.oceancity.com/content/forum/beers-beach

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
645 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mini golf?

Old Pro is the best for mini golf.

Re: beer, we do it every year but are very careful and not obvious - aka, we don't sit in front of the lifeguard chair. I've known several folks who've been fined. definitely not like the carolina beaches.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mini golf?

I would recommend any of the Old Pro mini golf courses. Two of them are indoor-68th Street and 136th Street. The 28th Street course has 27 holes.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mini golf?

We did the Ember's mini golf a few years ago and it was pretty cool. They had two different courses and there were some animatronoics with a story (pirates I think?) that came on every now and then.

8. Re: mini golf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 19:19