We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Pittston
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

which of the three restaurants would you recommend for overall foodand atmosphere? I believe all three are close in location (correct me if im wrong)..It will be me and wife and two daughters (5 and 3)..I would appreciate the good and bad meals you had at each restaurant..i usually order something with crab meat and my wife either a steak or or both! Thanks in advance.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

All three are on my list of restaurants I will be dining at when I get to OC in August. The one with the least atmosphere is Captains Galley, but they probably have the best crab cakes. The dining room is large, not crowded and you will have to wait, no reservations for small groups to the best of my knowledge, still a great place for dinner and probably the best of the three if you have kids. Best atmosphere and food IMO is Sunset Grille. Fantastic appetizers, great dinner selections. Ahi tuna, rare, is a great choice. Definitely need reservations, do so a week before is worthwhile. Shark has a great menu too, but seating is surprisingly limited, bar is very big in the middle, lacks atmosphere compared to Sunset. Still, it is a good choice. I would rank it 3rd of the three, Sunset first, Captains a close second. We have dined at all three many times. With two young kids I would say Captains is the best choice as it will have the best menu for them.

Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

All of those are good - but I LOVE The Shark. My absolute favorite restaurant. It is a little smaller than the others but maybe that is what adds to its charm. Their food is out of this world. You can also make reservations at the Shark but at Captains Galley you can not.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Definitely NOT the Shark. I'd say Sunset Grille. The Shark is so small, and even with reservations we waited close to an hour for our table to be ready. Plus the menu is very sophisticated. Too sophisticated for children and at those prices you might end up wasting your money on your uneaten childrens dinners. Save the Shark for a night when you and your spouse want an evening alone with other adults.

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Sunset Grill

Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

sorry - forgot about the kids - not the Shark.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Sunset Grill....Next would be Captain's Galley.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Another vote for Sunset Grille

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Sunset Grill would be my choice as well.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

I love Sunset Grill but it doesn't seem to me to be a "little kid friendly " restaurant. I'd agree that Captain's Galley is the most family friendly with food you'll be happy with.

South Burlington...
Level Contributor
3 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunsett Grill, Captains Galley, or The Shark?

Just got back from a week at OC.Ate at Sunset Grill twice.They have early bird specials till 5 PM for 11.95.See my post on Sunset Grill. Also highly recommend Harpoon Hannah's.Get there early for both restaurants!