We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Avoid this restaurant!!!! The manager, Brenda is insane. If you dare to question the bill or complain about the food or service she will throw a fit and call the police.

I filed a BBB complaint.

Check out the painful reviews.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Did you enjoy it? j/k

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

pbm....I just read the reviews. WOW...sounds like Brenda is the manager and either married to or the girlfriend of the owner. She has no fear of being fired. Sounds like she needs to be put out to pasture.

The bad part of this is that the Bahama Mama's on Wicomico Street downtown is supposed to be really good and they are owned by different people. I'm sure the owner of the downtown place really appreciates this "ladies" behavior.

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Link to complaint?

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

The BBB link is:

bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/re…

I do feel bad for the Wicomico St location. It appears they do a pretty good job but are getting blasted by the 132nd Street reviews. Tripadvisor needs to update the locations and try to separate the review.

Dude- certainly has a humorous aspect after the fact. Never been called an "Ahole" by a restaurant manager before infront of the few customers that were there. Also made the mistake of calling the owner when we got home...hung up on me. That was when I realized they are an item..

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

If I were you I would be spreading the word on every forum possible. In fact this one is fairly active. Post it on their restaurant section. If you were the only one that was treated like this by this same lady I would be skeptical but apparently this is the way she routinely operates.

oceancity.com/content/…oceancitycom-forum

Edited: 29 July 2011, 17:58
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

This is the most incredible post regarding a restaurant and how they treat there customers that I have ever read on trip advisor. I agree with you dude if this were one post, I take with a grain of salt. It's amazing that this place still operates as a fully functional restaurant. It goes to show just how valuable trip advisor can be when you use it. I will never step foot in this place after reading the reviews from all the customers.

Greenwood, Delaware
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Went there this weekend for our anniversary and of course Mothers Day and really disappointed and disgusted! Ive eaten seafood all my life and this was the very first time I have been turned off from crabs and shrimp! In all honesty the crabs must of been dead when they were cooked and the shrimp were soo tough you could barely chew them! This place needs to be shut down!!!!! I should have checked out the reviews to this place before I went there instead of after.....would of saved my time and money not to mention a stomach ache!

Edited: 13 May 2012, 16:35
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

But did you like it?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,611 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Funny Dude :*))

christina p, my question would be - did you let 'server Mike' know how bad your crabs & shrimp were? If so, certainly management would have stepped in and at the very least comped your food.

Greenwood, Delaware
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahama Mama's 132nd St Location

Yes I informed Mike of the situation and he graciously got another tray of crabs for us....unfortunately these were no better! I dont like to complain and have NEVER posted a review about any place that Ive visited until now! To be honest I was shocked to read alot of comments that were similar to mine and if management did come out Im sure I would not have been compensated for it.....instead I would most likely have been spending the remainder of my time in O.C. in jail! Out of all the things that Ive read about this arrogant lady treating customers like she does; it really would not have been a good night for her! I feel if you are going to own or manage a restaurant then you make sure your customers are satisfied....hence the term " customer satisfaction ". Its not the servers, waitresses or even the cooks fault that this establishment is run so poorly!

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City