We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best crabs for takeout

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best crabs for takeout

One of our favorite parts of going to Ocean City for the week is crab night. Since we have little kids, we now do takeout since the meal can get kind of long. Just wondering which place has really good crabs this year, or if anyone has a specific recommendation for takeout. We stay at Golden Sands, so north is preferred. Thanks!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best crabs for takeout

Rippons 119th St.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best crabs for takeout

On The Bay Crabs....42nd street

United States
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best crabs for takeout

The best crabs are on 149th ocean side. I don't remember the name of the place, look for a tiny building its yellow, there is only room for 2 cars to park. The dude gets fresh, local seafood delivered daily, and he will prepare it however you want it for takeout only. Its next to the Fisher's popcorn building, if you blink, you'll miss it.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best crabs for takeout

Pretty sure that's the Crab Bag that's on 131st. Never been there but I like On the Bay the best.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best crabs for takeout

Or it's Bahama Mama's North. Not sure what street that's on by there is no 149th street in OC. 146th Street is the highest street number.

United States
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best crabs for takeout

No, its niether of those places, I have been to both of those. I don't know if the place I'm talking about even has a sign. Its just a tiny pale yellow house on the Oceanside right across from rte 54 next to Fishers.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best crabs for takeout

OK, that would be "Seafood Outlet" according to Google Maps streetview.

Ocean City
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: best crabs for takeout

Might want to check on the reviews for Bahama Mama's north location; multiple reviewers report terrible food and absurd, rude treatment when they complain. The one downtown is fine, it's the one in north OC that has these reports.

9. Re: best crabs for takeout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations