We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather gods taketh away!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
Save Topic
The weather gods taketh away!

Ocean City was spared when hurricane Irene blew by, but the weather gods made up for it for bike weekend. It's a shame. They were calling for nice weather all week and then it was a washout from late friday night on. Saturday was downright miserable. The bars must've loved it though, it sent the bikers "indoors" earlier than usual. Tough to cruise down Coastal Highway with about 6 inches of water piled up.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

I don't know about anyone else but it seems like MD has had its share of crappy weekends this year only to see the weather become beautiful at 9 AM on Monday and for the remainder of the week. For someone who works in an office all week, this sucks. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but it sure does feel like this has happened a lot.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

Hey Mirage I came down to OCMD often this summer and think outside of Irene and Bike weekend the summer was awesome as far as the weather was concerned.

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

We rode down Wednesday and the weather was spectacular. I mean, you couldn't ask for a nice day to ride. My brother and his buddy rode down Thursday AM and had fantastic weather as well. Then, the tornado rolled in about 3 or so on Thursday along with rain. We basically walked to place to place the rest of the day. Friday was nice and cold but we made the best of it. We got up Saturday to ride home. It was cold but dry. We got to about Columbia MD and the skies opened up. From that point on, it was terrible although only for about an hour. I wonder what Sunday was like for the others to ride home in.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

T84A you must have gotten out of town before the rain hit. Most of Saturday was a wash. Probably from 10 or 11am it rained steadily all day and night.

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

Yeah. We hit it in Columbia. Wednesday, Thursday until about 3, and Friday were ok. We still had a great time. There were tons of people there. I think it was more crowded than past years.

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

I know for a fact that in OCMD the last weekend in June, the first two weekends in July, and the last weekend in July, all had GREAT weather.

PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

Dad was down since Monday & said the weather was terrific. I rode down from PA on Friday & it was chilly. We were out at the Harley dealer in Seaford when the skies opened up so we rode 40 miles in the rain back to OC. From there we rode the drunk bus. Saturday was a big washout. We left Sunday morning with 20 mph winds blowing in our faces but made it home ok.

8. Re: The weather gods taketh away!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City