We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
4 posts
Save Topic
Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

Hi, my wife and I are looking to spend a quiet romantic weekend away to celebrate the anniversary of our first date. We live in the Baltimore area and want something within driving distance. We will be going the second weekend in January. We would love something with a fireplace and maybe a hot tub and some nice places to eat and visit in the area. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

So were you looking to go to Ocean City? It's not really the kind of get away you're looking for that time of year, but you posted this question in the OC forum, so I am kind of confused...

You might want to look into Deep Creek Lake cabin rentals, which should meet your specifications. Many cabins/houses have fireplaces and hot tubs.

Just google "Deep Creek Lake rentals" and you should have several options to choose from.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

I didn't mean to post in Ocean City but thanks for responding. I will look into Deep Creek.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

plenty of b and b's in Annapolis and St Michaels. Also plenty of places right in bmore like Kimpton or Henderson Wharf.

I hear that DC has some nice places.

If you aren't looking to sightsee (or even if you are) the Gaylord at National Harbor is a very nice hotel. You don't have to go anyplace but you are just a few minutes from Alexandria which has wonderful restaurants. Not hard to find options.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

O.K. but, does Deep Creek Lake have a variety of places to visit and dining options? I've never been to that area.

The Bavarian Inn in nearby Shepherdstown, WV is another well-known place that comes to mind. It's in a bohemian type college town and near numerous attractions. The waterfront town of St. Michaels MD, or the well-known Tidewater Inn in historic Easton MD are also good options. or the Antrim Inn in, I think it's Taneytown MD.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

But then I've never personally stayed in any of those places, so call them or research them first on this website to see whether they have fireplaces or hot tubs.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
982 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

Lots of choices in Gettysburg. January is quiet, but many attractions are open. Here's a list of lodging options:

gettysburg.travel/visitor/gettysburg_bed_bre…

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

I own a 2nd home at Deep Creek and would be more than happy to help you navigate the area. Email me at terp84alum@yahoo.com.

Ken

8. Re: Relaxing romantic weekend in or around maryland.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 10:16