We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

Hello, we are coming down this weekend...1st timers for the St Patty parade and weekend. We booked a room at Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 66th St. I heard the traffic can be messy getting to and from the parade route so I thought I would get a room within walking distance. Anyone have personal reviews of the Holiday Inn Oceanfront (I've read the other reviews on here already)? Also, any recommendations when it comes to the parade and everything else that will be happening this weekend? Thanks!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,128 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

Saturday being St. Patrick's Day there is a parade that starts at 10 a.m on 61st St. and goes south on Coastal Highway to 45th St. where they'll be having a festival. The boardwalk will be busy (sorry, no rides or games open yet), but there will be shops open and tons of restaurants and Thrasher's Fries and Fisher's Popcorn will both be open as well.

Almost forgot the Holiday Inn is a great choice.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

I wouldn't worry too much about the parade. It starts on 61st St. and your hotel is 7 blocks north of that. Plus the whole parade doesn't form there. The majority of the traffic mess will be where the parade ends at 45th St. because there is a big festival there at the 45th St. Village and that's where the most activity will be.

As for the hotel itself, we've stayed there many times and love the hotel itself. I hope you got an upper floor room and not a garden view room which is basically no view. Take advantage of the free fruit in the lobby. It's always fresh and good. They have a very nice indoor pool too. Good choice. As for what's going on, almost every bar in town will be having a party and/or specials for the weekend. Check out this page: oceancity.com/content/blog/things-do-ocean-c…

You'll have a good time.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

Lots to do this weekend. We usually get to the festival about 9:30 or so and walk around and then watch the parade from about 48th street. Lots of people but no where near the summer crowds.

I am sure you will have a great time!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

I don't think the parade actually starts until noon but if you are coming south (driving) they start closing lanes around 9. Walking is the best way around. If the weather is good the crowds inside the bars will be like a summer weekend. Seacrets is elbow to elbow since most of their outdoor bars are not open yet. Honestly, the parade is nothing to write home about but the tailgating and after parade partying is one of the best times of the year....if you like that kind of thing. The judging stands are usually at 45th street shopping center. It will be interesting to see how the new taproom does there. I heard it was scheduled to open this week.

PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

Thanks for the suggestion, Moomoo. I booked the room through ocisfree.com last night. The reservation says it is an Eastern Oceanfront Efficientcy with a view of the courtyard and ocean. I just called and was told they will make a note of putting us in one of the upper floor rooms.

6. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront/St Patty's weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations