We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Walmart in Berlin

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,327 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Super Walmart in Berlin

The new Super Walmart on Rt. 50 has officially opened - with glowing reviews by the locals for cheap prices in the grocery dept. Prior to its opening, unless you drove for 30 miles, we only had Food Lion and Super Fresh.

Personally, I am not a fan of Walmart (super or not) --- just thought you guys here on TA might like to know.

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Walmart in Berlin

I'm not a big WalMart fan either. My hope is that the Super WalMart will bring down overall grocery prices in Ocean City.

OC grocery prices are not friendly - we bring as much as we can from home and shop at the Sav A Lot on Rt 50 in Berlin.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Walmart in Berlin

I'll have to check it out next month. I buy canned goods mostly at Wal-Mart because the price is cheaper than other grocery stores where I live...but don't care for their bakery, deli or meat departments.

As for OC grocery prices, I don't see them any more expensive than where I live. I used to bring all my grocery needs from home until I stopped at Food Lion and found they even had prices on some things even cheaper than what I bought at home...so I then started to just stop there on the way down and didn't have to haul from home.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Walmart in Berlin

Yes I was there Saturday and spent $200 (including four $22 patio chairs to take back to my condo on Long Beach Island, NJ)...They still are tearing down the old store (new one was built behind) and they have Wal-Mart shuttle buses to take you from parking lot to new store which opened April 11th. Its the only way to shop at Wal-Mart!

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island
Jersey Shore, NJ
4. Re: Super Walmart in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:42
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City