We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best half-day excursion from OC

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
best half-day excursion from OC

I'm thinking cruise, or Assateague, but open to anything really - it'll be for my eleven year old daughter and me...

Thanks for any ideas.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

I vote for Assateague. Pack a picnic and have fun watching the roaming wild ponies and the trails are short and very scenic.

The Eco-Tour cruises are fun.

Or you can take the short drive up to Lewes, DE and board the Ferry and go to Cape May, NJ...although come to think of it, that's more of a full day excursion.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

Here's the Eco-Tour info: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60727-d17…

This one is for Ayres Creek (on the way to Assateague): tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60727-d18…

Edited: 30 April 2012, 12:04
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

There is also a free zoo in Salisbury. I agree about Ayers Creek. Great place for nature outings.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

Kayaking to Assateague it is, then. Thanks for the recommendations.

Woodbridge, VA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

I would also recommend taking the driving tour of Assateague. You can buy the cd at the info center.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

We wound up doing the SuperFun Eco Tours and I'm so glad we did, thank you for the recommendation! Review is posted, we had a snake crawl into our kayak! Super fun!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

Read your review, sounds like a wonderful experience, snake and all :*))

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60727-d17…

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

Intrepid...Do you think the tour would be suitable for my 6 and 7 years olds as well? It sounds pretty cool, but I am afraid that they are too young. We have no Kayak experience.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

In our large mixed group, the youngest were two four-year olds and they loved it. Lots of kids were there between 6 and 10. If you have two adults they will match one kid with each adult and put you in a tandem kayak.

Give them a call, they are owned by the guides that do the tours. I talked to Tom who was really, really helpful and do not press the sale at all. When I called about a month before the trip, I took about fifteen minutes of Tom's time, then asked if I needed to put down a deposit/credit card number, and to my delight he said "no, just let us know if you change your mind" - he also suggested either making the reservation early in our four-day stay so that if it rains we can reschedule for a later day, or checking the weather a few days before coming and making a reservation then.

If you look at their TA ratings, 50 out of 51 rated them a FIVE. Have you ever seen another tour/restaurant get that kind of rating? I haven't.

Edited: 21 June 2012, 03:30
10. Re: best half-day excursion from OC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:41