We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn

Maryland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn

Beside the reviews, any thoughts on the Holiday Inn Express and Suites (12601 Coastal Hwy)? How to beach? Good location?

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn

I have never stayed there but it seems nice. I believe they have an indoor pool as well as an outdoor one. It is adjacent to Northside Park which is pretty nice. Depending on the time of year Northside Park hosts some pretty cool events. The only negative I can say is that it is on the bayside of Coastal Highway. You can still walk to the beach but you will have to lug all your stuff a little distance. As long as you use the crosswalks, getting across Coastal Highway is no big deal. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Maryland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn

Thank you for your response! I haven't looked into it yet but do you know of anything that kids should see while in OC? Anything educational or any activitiy for a 7 and 11 year old? Thanks!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
408 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn

there is a traffic signal @ 127 st.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,807 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn

When will you be visiting and for how long?

For educational, there's the OC Lifesaving Museum at the end of the boardwalk (Inlet) and Assateague down Rt 611 (a discovery exhibit, habitat walks and of course, the wild ponies there).

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn

You'll be right next to the recreation center. They have activities for kids all summer long and you don't have to be a resident to take part. Plus your kids can try crabbing off the pier at Northside Park. It's very simple. Simply buy a couple of chicken necks, some twine, and a net with a long handle. Bring along a cooler if you plan on keeping and eating your crabs. Tie the twine on a chicken neck and drop it down into the water. When you feel the twine pull begin to SLOWLY pull the twine up until you can see the crab then scoop it up with your net. That's all there is to it.

There is also a pirate ship called The Duckaneer that the kids would enjoy. www.theduckaneer.com

Depending on when you are going, there are family beach olympics, free movies on the beach, free concerts, a free concert and Sundaes at the Park on Sunday at Northside Park. There is also a free zoo in Salisbury.

In August, they would really enjoy seeing the Dew Tour.

You can check out all of the events at www.ococean.com/events and send for the free visitor guide at www.ococean.com/visitor-guide

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn

Now that I know how crabs are caught, I'll never complain about the high price of AYCE again.

7. Re: Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations