We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Topic
Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

I'm thinking of going to Ocean City with my grandchildren ages 10 and 5and a half. My cousin may come and bring her 5 year old grandson and best friend may meet us with her 7 year old. The 10 year old and 7 year old can swim but the other two can't so need other activities besiddes the beach. I am looking for something reasonable even though I know that it isn't realistic given the time of year i would be going (latter part of July or early August) . I want something on the beach withhopefully oceanfront rooms.(not asking for much-right lol). If the resort has other activities that would be nice or I would appreciate suggestions of things to do.

Thanks

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Check out the Sea Watch or Carousel. These are nice condos on the beach with lots of amenities.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Sea colony in Bethany

Phoenix
Level Contributor
431 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Take the kids to Frontier Town, it's a theme park and has a water park:

www.frontiertown.com/western-theme-park/

Trimper's rides has an all-you-can-ride wristband they sell which is good during the day.

A lot of small children don't actually swim out in the ocean, they are wading and rolling around in the surf knee high. Also on the shore building sand castles, looking for jellyfish or shells, chasing seagulls, etc. The kids will all have a great time even if they can't swim. Even if a 5 year old can swim, I would not let him go out by himself. I would be in the water with him.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Hi.

If you are looking for a hotel, I suggest the Carousel Hotel, the Princess Royale, or the Holiday Inn Suites.. The Carousel has an indoor pool and an indoor ice skating rink. They also have oceanfront condo units as well.

The Princess Royale is just a great family hotel in general with both indoor and outdoor pools. The Holiday Inn Suites is a lovely all suite hotel with a separate childrens pool with slides and a lazy river, but it is on the boardwalk and pricey in July and August.

If you are looking for a multi bedroom condo, there are several realtors you can check online and I have used the first three with no problems at all.

Holiday Real Estate www.holidayoc.com

Coldwell Banker www.cbvacations.com

Long and Foster www.lfvacations.com

OC Vacations www.ocvacations.com

Vacation Rentals by Owners www.vrbo.com

Holiday's site actually has each unit graded by past renters, so you get a pretty good idea of how nice each unit is.

If you need umbrellas or chairs, there are blue boxes set up on the beach that you can rent chairs and umbrellas from by the week or day. They will even set them up and take them down for you.

Another good hotel/motel is the Dunes Motel. It is located at the very end of the boardwalk, on the beach (not all rooms are oceanfront) and has an outdoor pool. You would be right next to the boardwalk tram that runs daily to the southern end of the boardwalk where all of the rides and arcades are. Plus you would be within walking distance of Jolly Roger Amusement Park for rides and water park and go karts. The pool side rooms were updated a year ago and there are efficiencies as well as rooms, and it is reasonably priced.

Send for a free visitor guide. The hotels are listed in order of the area of town they are in and each one has a website. You can send for one here: www.ococean.com/visitor-guide

And for sites to compare hotel rates or just search for availability:

www.ococean.com/accomodations

www.ocean-city.com

www.ocisfree.com

www.ocmdmotels.com

delaware
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

Have you considered renting a condo, rather than a hotel room? We bought a place at The Quay 12 years ago after renting different condos for many years. The reason we bought there is because it is so family oriented. It has a heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis courts and a game room and gift shop on the second floor. Places rent here a little more reasonable than other oceanfront buildings because they are oceanview rather than oceanfront, although the building itself is directly on the beach located on 107th street. We rent our place through Caldwell Banker but there is also a rental office in the building that is Long and Foster.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

I'm a big fan of Tidelands Caribbean. On the boardwalk and has ocean front and ocean view rooms. The rooms we've stayed in have been pretty big and have kitchenettes for snacks, light meals. Close to the boardwalk games and amusements. And if you're looking for other activities ride the bus all day for $3 (I think but whatever it is it's cheap). We never move our car all week. They aren't cheap but they are running some deals for the time period you are looking.

7. Re: Best family oriented resort in Ocean City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:42