We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, Maryland
4 posts
Save Topic
Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

Hi All,

My friends and I are planing a trip to OC the weekend of June 22nd. We've been having a hard time finding an affordable spot to stay, as majority of us are on a tight budget and looking to spend $100 or less each for a 3 night stay.

Any suggestions on a decent hotel to stay where we can hit up the beach during the daytime then enjoy the nightlife OC has to offer.

Kareena

Albany NY
Level Contributor
470 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

You might want to consider a condo that offers mini-week rentals. I know CB Vacations has some of these.

www.cbvacations.com

You'll have to bring your own linens, but can save some money since you'll have a full kitchen.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

Try using this site:

www.ocean-city.com

Enter your dates, and you'll get a short list under the dates. Scroll down till you see "search rates" and click on it. It will bring up a complete list of hotels and prices for your dates.

You can also try www.ocmdmotels.com

But either way, you're going to have a difficult time finding a room for that price over a weekend. All hotels raise their rates for weekends. You'd do better from Sunday to Friday.

I did a quick search for you and the least expensive ones I could find were around $140 a night. You can get less than $100 if you go to West Ocean City to the Bedtime Inn, but you will have to either drive to the beach, or take the Park and Ride bus.

Rockville, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

bgupstateny - Thank you I will check the website out.

Rockville, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

momo - thank you too for responding. You mentioned that searched and found something for $140/night, where did you find that and for what hotel?

Rockville, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

What is landmark nearby the boardwalk I can use to find hotel deals? We don't have to stay on the boardwalk as I know it is expensive.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

Kareena, I used the www.ocean-city.com search page. And there were numerous hotels at that price.

The Thunderbird

Sun N Fun

Harrison Hall

and there were others.

As for location, Harrison Hall is right on the boardwalk. Any hotel below 27th St. will be on or near the boardwalk.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

Kareena,

Do exactly what momoo wrote, it will be the easiest way to find availability and rates that fit your budget.

Don't worry so much about location as OC is very easy to navigate around by car or the bus for $3 all day pass.

8. Re: Affordable place to stay for mid 20's/early 30's group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:16