We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

I am looking for a low cost wedding officiant to perform my beach wedding in OC MD this July. I found some online that run about $350-500. This seems expensive. Anyone use any cheaper?

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

If you go to www.ococean.com/insiders we just recently answered a similar question. Just scroll down.

ococean.com/explore-oc/…get-answers

You have to get permission from City Hall to get married on the beach. There's no fee, but you do have to fill out a form. And you can only get married on the beach when the lifeguards aren't on duty, so it would have to be before 10 a.m. or after 5:30 p.m. during the months when lifeguards are there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

Thank you destination expert for the info!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

ceshell, I have absolutely no knowledge of this company: http://www.roxenterprises.com/

I live here and saw their van and jotted down the info.

My oldest son was married on the beach at the inlet a few years ago. He obtained permission from the Mayor and had is pastor officiate. The wedding license is applied for at the Court House in Snow Hill (about 40 mins south of here), there's a 72 hour wait to pick it up. Google, Worcester County Government for the website, i.e. Circuit Court. Here's the address and phone #: #1 West Market St., Snow Hill, MD 21863, phone: 410/632-5501.

For Ocean City Mayor: 301 Baltimore Ave., OC MD 21842, phone: 410/289-8931.

Maybe you could have your (or your families) pastor/minister contact an affliate church here in Ocean City to officiate.

4. Re: Low Cost wedding officiants/ministers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:41