We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H2O under 21 club ?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rochester,ny
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
H2O under 21 club ?

Coming to OC with 16 and 17 year old sons in July. Does anyone have info on the under 21 club H2O? What age do you need to be to get in and what type of ID would they need? Is the place known to be trouble i.e. fights, drugs, underage drinking? Thanks for any info on the place, my kids are pretty innocent by most teen's standards and I wouldn't want them thrown into a den of lions.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

the website for info

http://www.h20niteclub.com/

additional info

ocean-city.com/listing-detail/H20-Under-21-D…

Ocean City
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

There have been problems in the past there. In 2009 had melees involving local gang types who were looking for trouble (local in the sense that they come to OC from surrounding areas and DE). If they go, would have them out early; don't stay until closing. Problems of many kinds; men groping the teen girls in the darkened interior and drunk males hanging around outside and approaching the teens as they leave at closing. I'm sure substances can be purchased in the vicinity. You can do a query using the search box at the top of this site for prior postings. Frankly, probably safer for guys going than girls, but still a chance of assault or getting caught up in a fight. They might have more fun cruising the boardwalk by themselves in the evening than going to this place; better chance of meeting some young ladies hanging out on the boardwalk than in this club.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 18:21
rochester,ny
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

thanks for the info. We go to OC ever summer and they always see the lines outside the place waiting to be let in and have been waiting to be old enough to go inside. I think I will take your advice on doing a search of prior post to see if i can find out more about the place. I kinda think letting them go for a while early in the night is probably the way to go.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

My worst enemy in the world...................I wouldn't let go there.

Unless you don't mind foam parties and older kids filled with freedom and hormones.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

Lukesmom, read this thread and the 08/08/11 post: www.oceancity.com/content/forum/teen-clubs

I thoroughly agree with Post #2 and 4. From what I've been told, the New Orleans style beads that are collected by the kids are acquired by participating in various activities (not good ones).

Going early shouldn't be a problem, but I'd have them out by 10 pm. No way would I have let my kids go there (born and raised here). My oldest grandson is a 16 year old (male) & refuses to go because of the atmosphere, he and his friends just 'hang out' on the boards (curfew 10 pm).

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

Short answer.....keep your kids away from here at all costs.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

I have an 11 year old and I'm dreading the day she asks me to go there - which is surely coming since we visit OC three times a year.

This is what I plan to do when that day comes - Ask them to let you observe. If they say no, for some lame reason like because you are over 21, I think you have your answer.

rochester,ny
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

thanks for the link ocpony and all the other imput...this place sounds especially iffy for young girls. My boys donn't even like the grinding they see at their school's dances, so I think they wouldn't enjoy this place too much. Intrepid..just wait a few years, your daughter will insist you walk al least ten feet behind her on the boardwalk so you don't embarress her.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

Intrepid, I have to tell you this, but you won't be allowed in to "observe". They don't let ANYONE in over 21 and that includes parents. So it's pretty much unchapperoned mayhem.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H2O under 21 club ?

"Reverse" fake ID's??

If teens can get fake ID's making them out to be 21 or over, maybe parents can get fake ID's showing their age as 20.....well, that and some serious makeup, hair coloring, etc........