We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

Me and a couple of my buddies are taking our first vacation as 21 year olds this year.. (week of the 4th).. We've been to OC the past 2 years but haven't been able to do much considering we all had horrible fake IDs and the bars are extremely strict down there but this year we're good to go. I know about Seacrets, Purple moose and a few more of the popular bars but I was wondering what other bars in OC have either weekly specials, happy hr, etc... Also are there any good bars that are located right on the ocean ??

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

Where are you staying and what are you looking for? Bands? Girls? It's a right of passage when turning 21 but please read the threads about being responsible. Have fun but make sure we are not reading about you in the future. Drink responsibly and don't drive. Most people think telling a 21 year old to drink responsibly is a waste of time, but there are many that are capable of making good decisions.

Sorry for the lecture.

Waterford, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

all good Dude... my buddies and I are pretty responsible when it comes to alcohol and being safe (didnt drive in OC oncelast year once we got there)...we're staying at castle in the sand and we are just looking for a little bit of everything (girls, music, events, specials, happy hours)..

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

Actually, Coconuts has a great afternoon deal with music, food and drink specials right on the ocean there at Castle in the Sand. You can walk to Seacrets from there. I haven't been there in years but if you get tired of Seacrets check out the Party Block on 17th street. Mackey's on 54th gets a big college crowd late at night as does Fager's on 60th. Fager's also caters to the bachelorrette parties late at night so you've got that going for you!

Have fun.

Waterford, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

yea I heard Coconuts is nice because of the happy hour they have so we'll probably start there almost everyday.. any boardwalk bars besides the Moose, shenanigans, brass balls??

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

I tend to stay away from the boardwalk, especially in the summer so maybe someone else can jump in.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

OC Frogs at the end of the inlet village. Great burgers, cheap beer, awesome views.

Boardwalk Bar right next to Trimpers for a good dive bar.

Kelly's Sandbar located next to the Phillips Hotel.

As you cal tell I like little hole in the wall or dive bars.

Waterford, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

hey nothing wrong with that mirage.. we're just looking for cheap beer and a good time

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
627 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

I'm 32 (and have been to OCMD 32 times!) but have always been a big fan of Coconuts at Castle in the Sand. They have a great Happy Hour and friendly bartenders!

We stayed on 5th St last year and "discovered" the 9th st tap house. I am pretty sure it was new - it was a pretty slow crowd but they had a great selection of microbrews if that's your thing.

Mackeys is always a good time. Greene Turtle was always jamming and very cheap (aka $1 PBR) when I was in my 20s. We always hit up Brass Balls and more recently Hooters on our boardwalk bar crawls.

can't wait to go back... 2 months seems so long!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

You can always do the boardwalk crawl (bar crawl). Start at one end have a beer and move onto the next bar. Makes for a entertaining evening. I never have finished that yet, lol.

Also there is

De Lazy Lizard, Fish Tales, Party Block, Seacrets during the day for the girls, Peppers Tavern, Carribean Pool bar at the Plim Plaza, Big Peckers Bar and Grill and Hooters on the boardwalk on 5th.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 16:53
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best bars in OC for 21 Year Olds

Good low-key pirate themed bar on top of a fast food joint on the boardwalk near Playland - great draft beer selection, strong mixed drinks, and large windows to look down on the boardwalkers. They always have craft beers on draft.