We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

Golden Sands or The Plaza? If you have stayed in either (even better if you've stayed in both!), let me know what you think! I know that units vary greatly by owner, but overall observations/opinions would really help me decide. Thanks!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

I have stayed at both over the years. My vote would be for the Plaza. For us the positives were three bedroom units, two parking pases per unit, Indoor and outdoor pools, and restaurant/bar facility on site.

The Golden Sands is very nice, but the parking pass issue is a no go as my parents go with us on vacation. Both uptown location.

Good luck,

brianpa

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

Both Golden Sands and Plaza are amongst the best in OC (for large condo hi-rises). As BrianPA said, you get (2) parking spots at Plaza, plus (1) of the parking spots is in a garage, which is a plus to get into a cool car versus a car sitting in the sun.

Be careful about Golden Sands condo unit location: the building is "angled" on the ends (versus direct ocean facing), so condos at both ends of building are angled view to ocean.

If it matters to you, Plaza has DirecTV in entire building, some units have HDTV. I don't think Golden Sands has HDTV. Plaza has really fast Internet but it does cost some.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
476 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

I've stayed at the Plaza (and looked at the Golden Sands) and would choose the Plaza for all of the reasons mentioned above -- direct ocean front as opposed to viewing the ocean at an angle (and sometimes really far back) and parking.

My Dad also liked the pool side bar at the Plaza.

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
302 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

i have also stayed at both and always go back to Golden Sands. I like the location better. Granted the side are angled, but that is only 1-2 apts. on each floor. I have never had one of theses apts. Love the shops, pool and bar also. I think it depends where you want to be and how many bedrooms you need. Stayed at the Plaza when we needed 3 bedrooms. Stayed at the Golden Sands when we needed efficiency or 1-2 bedrooms. Both top notch condos.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

Thanks everyone! We ended up choosing The Plaza. I'm sure both are great though!

6. Re: Golden Sands vs. The Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:15