We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

Anyone stay at both the Holiday Inn at 67th street and the Holiday Inn Suites 17th street? Which one is better? We are going for 2 nights in July with 2 kids/ 9 and 12. Thank-You!

PA
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

Yes, my family with three teenage boys (19, 17, and 13) has stayed at both several times. We like both of them, but both are very different from each other.

HI on 17th street is much newer, up-to-date, and more expensive. Each room has a bedroom, galley kitchen, and separate living room. It is on the boardwalk and has two outdoor pools. One pool is an adult pool and the other one has a nice little (almost) lazy river with water features.

HI on 67th is older and much more worn, but has its good points too. It's not on the boardwalk and is right on the beach. There's a nice little area of several hammocks and palms near the dunes, tennis courts, poolside (swim-up) bar and grill and many activities for kids.

I would say that when my boys were younger they seemed to enjoy 67th street better, but now that they are older, I think 17th street works better for them because of being able to just go off on their own on the boardwalk. Although not as nice as 17th street, when they were 9 and 12, 67th street was a better choice for our family.

PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn 67th street during the offseason. It is very nice and would like to try it during the summer when the pool was open and the hammocks were up. The room itself was excellent (the fireplace was a nice touch) and the pool was great. Like PA Girl said, it is farther north and doesnt have the boardwalk in front of it, but it is right on the beach. Enjoy!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

Both hotels are ideal. The one on the boardwalk is large, modern, has an excellent on site restaurant, a kiddie pool, and an adult pool in addition to an indoor pool. They have every ammenity, and you'll pay good money to stay there in season.

The one on 67th St. is also nice, recently updated, a nice indoor pool, a nice outdoor pool, a swim up bar, tennis courts, and hammocks for lounging.

Both hotels are oceanfront, although not all rooms are. And with the one on 67th St, you have to be sure that when you book a room it's not a "garden view" room or you'll be on the first two floors with nothing to look at except plants and people going to the pool. You will want direct oceanfront, ocean front, or southern ocean view on upper floors for good ocean views.

The one on the boardwalk is suites, meaning a living room/dining room combo, a full kitchen and bath, and a separate bedroom. They have options like in room or outdoor jacuzzi's. It is on the boardwalk, but it's a long walk to the rides if that factors in your decision.

We've stayed at both hotels this year. I would stay at either one and be very happy. You can't go wrong with either one.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

You all aren't helping :) They both sound great! I'm using points so, no price difference. Thank-You all for the feedback!

New York
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

Well the good news is you have two good choices.

Can't make a bad decision. I have stayed at the location on 67th many times over the years. I prefer this midtown location and would rather not be on the Boardwalk or right in that area in July. Just to busy for my taste.

I am sure either location will serve you just fine.

If you stay at the 67th location you will have a Dough Roller nearby, you can head to Bayside Skillet for breakfast or lunch. Fager's Island 60th has lunch or dinner right on the bay and at 75th you have BJ's on the Bay which you could walk to or have a short drive.

Relax take your pick and I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable visit.....................

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

You better call them because they probably have a 3 night minimum. Past that, I'd stay at the one on the boardwalk.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

If you're using points............do the one on the boardwalk hands down.

Maryland
Level Contributor
123 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

If you bodysurf or boogie board, the north end of OC tends to have deeper water close to the beach, so waves break at the shore. Conditions should be better on 17th st.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

If there is no cost difference for you then this is a no brainer stay on the Boardwalk. It' nicer and there is nothing better then being on the Boardwalk.

10. Re: Help! Which Holiday Inn Ocean City/oceanfront?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:17