We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kohr

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Kohr

Very good cones, much tastier and creamier than Dumsers. Question: this is custard? It seems like regular soft ice cream to me, although superior to DQ and Dumsers. What's the deal with this place?

FenwicK Island, DE
Level Contributor
136 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kohr

Kohr's serves frozen custard, which is much richer than plain soft serve.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kohr

I don't know, I'm not buying it. It is richer and better than Dumsers or DQ, but I think it's just ice cream. I wanna know if all these places offer the same stuff that they did 30 or 40 or 50 years ago, or whether they are just sailing on their reputation and the 'since 1919' business on the signs.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kohr

Custard, which is like a pudding, is made with milk or cream and egg yolks. So frozen custard has a higher amount of egg yolk in it than ice cream.

From Kohr's site:

"To prevent the "Frozen Dessert" from melting too fast in the salt air at the beach, Archie, Elton and Lester added eggs to the recipe which stiffened the product - it worked perfectly. Incorporating the improved recipe with the use of their new machine, they created a light and fluffy product that "tasted just like a custard" - the first and the Original frozen custard."

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
270 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kohr

Luv me some Kohrs! It's a must have when in town.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kohr

Love this stuff. Had another cone last night. If I lived here, I'd eat it every day. I love how expertly they draw it, every bite of cone had some custard all the way to the bottom. Might try Rita's to compare.

Thanks for the info from the website, makes sense. Mine hardly melted. But then I wasted no time putting it away.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kohr

This stuff is like crack cocaine. So glad I left OC and free of Kohr's shackles.

7. Re: Kohr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:17