We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

Freeland...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

Where can I find blue crabs at an all you can eat buffet in OCMD?

Thank you!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

Not sure if they're Maryland Blue Crabs or not, but either Phillips on 21st St or Waterman's in West OC have all you can eat whole crabs.

Phillips is a buffet, Watermans is all you can eat, but they bring it to your table along with steamed shrimp, fried chicken, corn on the cob, fries, and hush puppies and cornbread. Less expensive than Phillips. It just depends what you like.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

Phillips has the AYCE crabs on their buffet and were pretty good this year.

We enjoy going to Phillips every year just because of that, my wife and kids don't like to sit and pick crabs like myself as they usually enjoy the crab legs, shrimp and othe seafood options Phillips has to offer.

Yes they are Blue crab, don't know and don't care if they come from Maryland as long as they come from the ocean.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
380 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

In addition to these places, I have had the all-you-can eat crabs at Hoopers before. Great view and reasonable. If only adults may want to check out the specials at the bar, sometimes even more of a discount.

Mug and Mallet isn't bad either if you have a craving while on the boardwalk.

Also have done it at Bahama Mamas before.

I disagree with the Watermans suggestions. I haven't been there in a couple years. They seemed to go downhill a lot after they stopped the BYOB policy. Crabs even got smaller, got raw chicken a couple times.

If I would rate my experiences probably would rate:

1. Bahama Mammas

2. Hoopers

3. Mug and Mallet

4. Watermans

Can't comment on Phillips since I stopped going there years ago.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 17:24
4. Re: AYCE Seafood Buffet -blue crabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:16