We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ridgeley wv
1 post
Save Topic
where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Have a group of seniors wanting to come to OC. . As a family we have only stated in Ocean Pines. When booking with them as always been easy ! CBvacations do not do seniors ? So now I am clueless on who to go to for booking.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Check out www.myseniorweek.com and www.playitsafeoceancity.com . The second site still has last year's info on it, but you can still check it out. Plus Play It Safe has events scheduled from the end of May to the middle of June.

Other sites to check out are

homeaway.com/info/travelers/travel-ideas/eas…

and

http://seniorweekoceancitymd.com/

century21newhorizon.com/ocean-city-senior-we…

http://www.ocean-city-senior-week.com/

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

My daughters have stayed at the Carousel Hotel which has condos for rent and has in the past rented to seniors with a parental damage deposit. I think 8 girls shared the condo last time. They have been know to kick out drunk or loud seniors in the middle of the night but as a parent I had no problem with that policy. It is a bit far to the boardwalk but the bus runs constantly and is only $1.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

The bus is $1.00 per ride or $3.00 for a ride all day and night pass. And it runs about every 15 or 20 minutes.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Most seniors can get the AARP rate anywhere!!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

DUDE! High school and college seniors not senior citizens! LOL

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Castle By The Sea also had cottages that my daughter and her friends stayed in several years ago. Nice place and they also have the same policy of excessive noise / people in the room / drinking and you are out of there and they mean it( not a bad thing).

Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

When I visited OC for senior week in 2006 a few friends and I stayed at the Burgundy Inn on 13th street, I think it was. We had a nice time, no problems, but did see one rowdy group get kicked out. I think most hotels, condos, etc. that have a manager or security on the premises have the policy that if kids are excpetionally rowdy, have too many people in their room, or are caught with alcohol they will be told to leave. Its also good to note that the town steps up their security and police presence; many hotels employ extra security or off duty officers to keep on eye on the seniors. Many hotels offer special rates for seniors, so it might be a good eye to check ococean.com and view the list of hotels in OC. From there you can check individual places' websites and see if they have special senior week rates.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Here's another:

Ambassador Inn - Room sleeps 4 and rents for $800 a week from June 1 - 22nd.

I will advise you to get something soon though. The Air Show is June 8-9 and that is always packed, and the Longboard Challenge is also that same weekend for surfers. And the Dew Tour will be bringing in a ton of tourists June 20-23. June 15-16th is the Beach Raid.

So rooms will be going fast.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
199 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

I would suggest only staying on the boardwalk for senior week, it's so much more convenient than riding the bus to the boardwalk. I'd check out the Grand Hotel who I believe has Senior Week specials. The lower end of the boards would be better but I'm not sure who rents to seniors on that end. Wherever you end up staying I know you'll have fun. I loved my Senior Week in Ocean City ages ago :)

Ocean City, Maryland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: where can a group of senior stay senior week ?

Right across the Ambassador Inn, there is Beach Bum Motel and that is open for $699 plus tax. I just got this price, was looking for something for my kids. This is a nice option, i have reserved a condo for myself though.