We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest Beach Front Hotels

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest Beach Front Hotels

I am looking for a nice hotel, with outdoor pool for my family, husband and two teen boys. I would appreicate some help in finding this.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

My favorite was always the Holiday Inn All Suites on 17th & Baltimore. Nice indoor and outdoor pools and what I liked the best was the fact that it's located on the Boardwalk which allows you to walk to so much. The Hilton is also a very good hotel with almost the identical layout and design but it is 3-4 blocks north of the end of the Boardwalk. You should look into both of these.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

Clarion is nice and it manages the marigot condos next door which allows you to rent for less than a week. All amenities of hotel with more room. It is nice, not fancy. Also princess royale is a s uite hotel. There are other larger hotels closer to boardwalk but not as familiar. Have found both to be clean and comfortable.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

Budget? There are many nice places in all budgets. The Holiday Inn Suites on 17th (www.ocsuites.com) is also my favorite, but in the summer it goes for around $400 a night. But it is on the boardwalk and convenient to what the boards have to offer. It has every ammenity and an excellent in house restaurant. You can also consider the Grand Hotel on 21st. www.grandhoteloceancity.com

The Spinnaker on 18th St. has an elevated outdoor pool, and while not on the boardwalk it is only about 10 steps back so you would have easy access to the boardwalk and beach. It was completely remodeled a year ago and is a nice, smaller place with an in house cafe for breakfasts and lunches. It is more moderately priced. Plus if you book there, you can get freebies for dining, entertainment , and souvenirs. www.ocmotels.com

The Dunes Motel ( www.ocdunes.com) at the end of the boardwalk is also a nice, moderately priced hotel. It is at the very end of the boardwalk on the beach, and was also recently remodeled. They have an outdoor pool as well. Their sister Hotel, the Dunes Manor, is located two blocks north on 29th St. Every room is oceanfront, they have a pool, and an in house restaurant. Both of these hotels are within walking distance of Jolly Rogers Amusement Park for rides, go karts, water park, zip lines, and more. www.dunesmanor.com

The Quality Inn and Suites on 33rd St. is also a very nice hotel with both indoor and outdoor pools. They offer both oceanfront and bayview rooms and is also very convenient to restaurants and Jolly Rogers. www.qualityinnandsuitesoceancity.com

The Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 68th is also very nice with 2 pools and tennis courts, plus a pool side bar and arcade. It is located mid town so it's easy access to all parts of Ocean City by bus or car. www.holidayinnoceanfront.com

I've stayed at all of the above mentioned hotels/motels and wouldn't recommend them if I hadn't been pleased with them. Plus, check the reviews written on Trip Advisor on any hotel you're considering. There are also hotels in West Ocean City that may be less expensive if your budget doesn't allow any of the ones mentioned.

Or you can check out a condo. We found that when we're staying a week or more that a condo is actually less, plus more relaxing and more roomy. Any of these realtors can help you find what you're looking for:

Holiday Real Estate www.holidayoc.com

Coldwell Banker www.cbvacations.com

Long and Foster www.lfvacations.com

Shoreline www.shorepro.com

VRBO www.vrbo.com

Vantage www.vantageoceancity.com

Edited: 25 January 2013, 19:22
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

You might also want to check out the Quality Inn Boardwalk. I have enjoyed staying there very many times. It isn't the newest or nicest but it certainly serves its purpose. Most rooms are oceanfront efficiencies with private balconies/patios. The rooms in the tower building are quite nice and are worth the extra $20.The hotel has two large outdoor pools as well as an indoor pool with hot tub. The staff members are helpful and friendly. I think that the TVs are going to be replaced over the winter.

I also have stayed at the adjacent Holiday Inn and Suites, which I have found to be too expensive to stay there during the summertime. Sometimes I stay there in September when the rates drop and the pools are still open. During my last stay, the hotel was starting to show some signs of wear and tear. I don't think it's been redone since it opened in 2001. I still think it is one of the better Holiday Inns and would be an ideal place to stay if you can afford it.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 00:31
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

The nicest condo building is definitely the Gateway Grand. Several units are available for weekly rentals through Coldwell Banker and VRBO.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

It all depends on your budget, momoo left a page of great resources to look through. If you have few places in mind, come back and we would be happy to shed more light on those places.

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

Depends on your budget - I have have stayed at the Rideau Motel Inn for YEARS! Great location on the Boardwalk. GREAT baloney overlooking the boardwalk. Very clean pool that was always a nice temp. after a day at the beach. Nice large oceanfront rooms.fridge and microwave. DOWNSIDE - bathrooms need a major update - BUT I can deal with it for a four days! Also no elevator so you have to carry things up a flight OR 2! But I still think it is one of the best deals in Ocean City. CALL them DIRECTLY for the best rate - you will NOT be charged for 2 extra people which happens at most hotels.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

As I have always said "there is nothing quite like a hotel with a GREAT baloney overlooking the boardwalk".

Edited: 07 February 2013, 14:21
9. Re: Nicest Beach Front Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:16