We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

Hey so a buddy and I will be driving from NYC to Ocean city. Was wondering if anyone has any idea if it will be warm enough to lounge on the beach? Also I plan to check out the park w the wild horses. Anything else that needs to be seen or done?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

don't know what the temp will be in May. Heck, around here the forecasters have trouble with tomorrow. horses- That's about all there is to do. But I might be wrong and you could check the things to do page or put things to do in the search box above.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41298-i101-k64428…

Edited: 24 April 2013, 21:26
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

The water will be too cold (at least for me) to swim, and the wind coming off the water will be pretty cool, so be prepared for that. That's restaurant week so lots of the restaurants in town will be having great specials. Stop at the Convention Center's visitor center and check out the info there.

May 11 is the White Marlin Festival and Crab Soup Cook Off at Somerset St. Plaza on the boardwalk from noon to 3 if your interested.

You can still ride bikes on the boardwalk then too. Baja Amusements will be open for go karts in West OC. Some mini golf places will be open and there are two indoor ones on 68th and 136th St. And you could always check out the paintball field or play laser tag.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

This time of year the weather down there is more affected by the wind direction than the temperature. If the wind is out of the south or west you can be out on the beach sunbathing comfortably in 60 degree weather. If the wind is out of the north or east temperatures in the low 70s can feel cold. So keep an eye on the wind velocity and direction when you check the forecasts.

Macungie...
Level Contributor
84 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

If you are going to Assateague at that time the bugs will be starting to come out so bug spray is a must as far as laying on the beach who knows could be in the 80's or the 60's There is always plenty to do in the area and most things are opening around this time of year.

5. Re: Going there May 10-12. Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:16