We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

I'm headed to OC this Saturday with my family, 5 adults and 4 teen agers. This is the third time in OC for 4 of us, the rest have never been. We usually get in around 10am and stop at a place somewhere on the south side of 50 before hitting the boardwalk area. I don't remember the name but they had decent omelettes. The OJ sucked though. And the bathrooms were....meh. Anyways, I think I want to take the newbies to somewhere relaxing and low key...but nice enough where I don't want to take a shower once I leave the restrooms. We'll be in a big Ford E-350 van, so we need decent parking space. Fresh fruit and good omelettes are a big PLUS.

Thanks in advance!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

The Decatur Diner has great breakfast but I haven't been there in a couple years.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
380 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Sounds exactly like Happy Jack Pancake House. Very sour orange juice, bad bathrooms, average food.

If you want dinner-like, The Kitchen isn't bad. They have fresh squeezed orange-juice and normal breakfast food. My wife loved the biscuits and gravy.

The Dough Roller isn't bad for breakfast, large portions especially if you get the sausage links. Great if you want an on-boardwalk location.

Bayside Skillet is good, but sounds like it might be a little more expensive then you are looking for.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Thanks for the suggestions. We plan on maybe eating out for dinner every night and stocking the condo's fridge with food for our other meals. We don't mind spending $$ for good food, but I think we'll save the $$$$ places for good dinner and crabs.

The boardwalk isn't out of the question for breakfast, but remember I'll be in a Ford 12 passenger van, and checkin/parking isn't until 3pm....so easy in/out parking is a must.

The Decatur looks interesting. We've eaten at the Dough Roller before, but not for breakfast. Plus, I'll have to deal with parking. So that might not be an option. The last two times I was in OC I parked the car/truck when I got there and didn't see it again until it was time to go.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Where in OC are you staying?

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Drive up to 18th St. to the Spinnaker Motel. They have a cafe there called Malia's that serves wonderful breakfasts. Reasonable prices too. Plus you're right on the boardwalk.

Or even stop at the Francis Scott Key Resort on 50 right before crossing into OC. They have an on site diner in a 50's theme that has good food, or even head to Dumser's for breakfast.

If you're driving through Cambridge on 50 to OC, there's a Golden Corral and a Bob Evans both on the left side of the street for breakfasts. I've tried both and they're both good.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
402 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Laytons is a good breakfast choice

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

If you are willing to go uptown, you can't beat General's Kitchen. THE best breakfast in town especially if you like chipped beef aka SOS. 82nd Street, I believe.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

Pirate's Den around 33rd st off Baltimore ave. It's a little spot I found this past spring.

Just what you'll need.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

I'm staying @ 7th and the boardwalk. Check in isn't until 3pm though, so I'm planning on hitting breakfast around 10, then finding something to do (where I can park this huge van) until about 2pm. Then I'll hit Food Lion and grab anything we may need for the room and head to the condo @ 3pm.

No SOS for me! I saw too much of it in the Army.

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone. A few of these look really good, and we may just visit more than one before it's all said and done. It's hard to narrow it down. I think we'll maybe grab something outside of downtown on the way in, maybe grab something near the boards during the week, and then hit another one as we're leaving next Saturday.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 21:22
Virginia
Level Contributor
189 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for updated breakfast suggestions, family of 9.

There's a Dough Roller on Coastal and 41st St. right next to the convention center. If you can't park in the Dough Roller lot there's plenty of room at the convention center lot. Layton's at 16th St is usually good but sometimes the service can be lax. The parking lot is small and you'll never get the van in there. You would have to park on the street. Decatur Diner is good but small. You might have to get tables next to each other. I think you could park the van toward the back of the lot. I think parking for the Pirate's Den is all on the street (I walked from the motel when I ate there). If you go, you have to get the Cap'n Crunch french toast. I think the entrance was on 32d St. I remember walking around the block looking for the door. It seems to be a surfer hangout.

Oh, and I seem to recall people here mentioning the Satellite Coffee Shop. I've never been there, though. And if you want breakfast sandwiches to go, try Anthony's on 17th St.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 23:20