We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
$50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

....you've got to be kidding????

oceancitymd.gov/Public_Works/inlet_parking.h…

I wouldn't pay more than $10.00 for the day...I wonder how many will actually fork over that much for a parking space???

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

This is to encourage taking the bus.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

I'd head to Northside Park instead. Same deal, different end of town. I'd never pay $50 to park for any event!

glen burnie, md
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

It's $3/hour on the weekends anyway... If someone came at 10am & left at 10pm they'd be paying $36 under an hourly setup anyway. Obviously enough people are willing to pay $50 to park right there. If the lot was half empty they would lower prices. If it is jam packed by 7am, they'd probably raise prices. Economics.

Personally you won't find me in oc on a holiday, I park in free parking and buy all day bus tickets. I'm not the in inlet lot's target audience either.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

It's also to encourage car-pooling. 5 people in a car is $10 each.

I never park there anyway.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

It'll be a mess you can count on it...........people going downtown to park around 4 or 5 o'clock only to find the lot has been full since 9:00am..........then trying to turn around and find a parking spot.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 20:30
Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

On July 4 the Inlet Lot is FULL easily before 9AM. The south end from at least the drawbridge to the inlet becomes a parking lot for the rest of the day.

The reasoning OC talking heads are giving is that this will allow for a quicker exit when everyone leaves the lot at the same time at the conclusion of the fireworks, along with people not getting upset because they will be charged extra time due to sitting in the traffic jam that occurs in the inlet lot every July 4.

I can see this $50.00 charge becoming the norm the norm for EVERY Saturday and Sunday. Some are way too worried that 'day trippers' don't spend any money for the 'free' beach.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

No one spends money for the beach, because it's free. They pay for lodging, food & drink and entertainment.

They can charge as much as they want for parking, that is their right. But if they are making the free beach connection, their logic is wrong.

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

The entitled animals from Baltimore and Washington will pay it.... we never park there.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

It's only $1.00 to ride the bus! lol

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: $50.00 to park in Inlet Lot on 4th of July...

The realities are:

--On the inlet portion of the beach, on Saturdays and Sundays, it is taken over by the Hispanic community, who bring their families to enjoy the beach.

--At any time, there are few if any 'animals' on the beach from Baltimore, Washington, or any other locale.

--The 'animals' (where ever they are from) are too busy terrorizing the boardwalk.