We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OC on Travel Channel

Parma, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Topic
OC on Travel Channel

My daughter was channel surfing today and we came across a show called Snacks on the beach (yum). We were so excited to see they were on the OC Boardwalk and featured Thrashers! Had to chuckle when they interviewed an employee who gave a big thumbs down to eating Thrashers fries with ketchup. Also advertised for an OC Boardwalk hotel to be featured on Hotel Impossible Monday at 10pm, also on Travel Channel. Missed OC this summer as we were in WDW, but will certainly try to watch this to get me a little taste of OC! Just wanted to pass the information along :)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OC on Travel Channel

OC will also be featured on Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel on Monday night. They redid the Lankford Hotel on the boardwalk. Should be neat to watch.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
202 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OC on Travel Channel

I'm looking forward to watching Hotel Impossible, I love anything about OC :)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OC on Travel Channel

It's on at 10 tonight.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OC on Travel Channel

What did you guys think of it? I loved it. Good story, hope it works out for the family.

But wow! The money a retail space can generate in rent!!! Why would you work selling yarn or books and bust your chops actually working or stressing over staffing a store when that space could get you 25,000-60,000 a year? That place like the guy said is sitting on gold.

It was cool seeing the places that I recognized.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
202 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OC on Travel Channel

I enjoyed watching the show & seeing inside the hotel. I was actually surprised by how clean it was, I don't know why I always just thought it would be dirty. The room didn't look bad at all after the paint job. I hope they can get their retail shops rented for next season & stay in business for a long time.

akron, oh
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OC on Travel Channel

i enjoyed the show also. i am curious as to how long it will take them to remodel the rest of the rooms. i checked out their website and only saw the two rooms from the program updated. it will be interesting to watch any further transformation.

maybe hotel impossible can tackle the Majestic next. love that place but finally 2 years ago we moved on after many years of renting apt there for vacation. i just couldnt take it anymore.

7. Re: OC on Travel Channel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:20