We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Hi,

We stayed at the Dunes Manor last summer with family for a few days last summer and loved the hotel as well as the location. The only downside was that we really needed a separate bedroom for our toddlers.

This summer we want to go back but were considering a condo so we could get the separate bedrooms. With the family members in our group we would need 4 bedrooms and a kitchen. I would prefer staying 5 days to lessen traffic but the rest are saying get a condo for the week so we can save money and be all together (at Dunes Manor we had separate rooms).

I want oceanfront so I can easily walk in and out with my kids to the beach and I love the view. We also want to be close to the boardwalk like we were at the Dunes Manor so one of us can easily walk down and take a break and get back quickly if needed. I also don't want to deal with getting my kids on and off the bus if I take them with me. We can go June or July. Any suggestions of whether all this is possible? I saw something about Comfort Inn new condos in their hotel. Has anyone actually stayed there? Thanks in advance.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Hi. Your best option is to check local realtor sites, and I'll happily give you those.

The Quality Inn and Suites on 33rd St. has 2 luxury condos, one of which has 4 or 5 bedrooms (can't remember which), and each bedroom has its own bathroom. I've toured both of them and they are fantastic and basically take up one whole side of a floor. They are expensive though with prices around $6000.00 for the week, but if you're splitting that among families, that might not be so bad. They're both direct oceanfront with bay views as well. Something to think about.

Here are some of my recommended realtors:

Holiday Real Estate www.holidayoc.com

Coldwell Banker www.cbvacations.com

Long and Foster www.lfvacations.com

VRBO www.vrbo.com

Shoreline www.shorepro.com

North Beach www.northbeachrealtors.com

Good luck with your search.

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

The SeaGate on 30th street might fulfill your needs - close to the boardwalk (two blocks from the Dunes) and easy walk to the beach. Their units are one bedroom, one bathroom, full kitchen, spacious oceanfront balcony, sleeps 6. See http://www.seagateoc.com for more details.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Thank you!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

You mentioned staying 5 days so a mini week condo is a option. Mini-weeks are Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday. Most of the realtors Momoo listed offer mini weeks and like coldwell banker you can narrow your search by location, pool, bedrooms, etc,etc. to your needs.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Momoo thanks for the suggestion on Comfort Inn & Suites condos. That is one option we are looking into.

There aren't many reviews on those condo units (I only saw one) so I'm curious what restaurants/attractions are walkable from there with young kids (i.e. strollers). Also, are there coffee shops, etc. nearby to take a break? TIA!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Thanks for the mini-week idea!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

It's the Quality Inn and Suites on 33rd, not the Comfort Suites on 50. Here's the link to the hotel http://www.qualityinnandsuitesoceancity.com/ 410-289-1234

You'll see on the main page the links to the four and 5 bedroom condos. Ask to talk to Tara Nunan and tell her Darlene from the Insiders referred you.

I've personally toured both suites and they are beyond luxury. And HUGE! Just remember that like any condo, you still have to bring your own linens, etc. But I would give my right arm to stay in either one!!

Being on 33rd St., you'll be close to Anthony's for excellent take out sandwiches, salads, sodas and beer. Burger King and McDonalds are only a block or two away too. And right down the street on 28th is Coins Pub. It's very family friendly and they serve pasta and steaks in addition to some really good crab cakes and shrimp. You'll have no problem finding places to eat. Lots around there. If you're looking for a more elegant or fine dining meal, check out 32 Palm inside the Hilton Hotel on 32nd St. Jolly Roger Amusement Park is on 30th St. In addition to rides, they also have a water park with separate sections for the smaller ones. Planet Maze Laser Tag is on 33rd St. And you're only a few blocks from the end of the boardwalk where you can get on the tram and ride it to the far end where the rides and games are. There is a per person/per ride fee or you can buy multi ride passes. There is mini golf on 30th St. Lots to do and see. Send for a free visitor guide to help you see what and where things are. www.ococean.com/visitor-guide

As for June or July.........the water will be warmer in July than June. Be sure to check the calendar of events to see if there's anything big going on when you'll be there. www.ococean.com/events There are lots of free events all summer like free movies on the beach, free fireworks, free concerts and more! And if you have little ones, one thing I always used to do was to buy one of those little inflatable pools. Take it to the beach with you, blow it up, add a couple of buckets of ocean water (it will warm up quickly) and your little ones will happily play in there all day. It's much less intimidating than the "big water". Plus you can relax a little bit more.

And by the way, those condos rent out mini weeks too. If you talk to Tara, tell her I said hi. :)

Edited: 13 January 2014, 03:00
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Thanks so much. I've been looking at the Quality Inn and Suites condo, I just put the wrong name here earlier.

Do you know why its so hard to find more than one review for the condos? That makes me a little nervous. Also, just since I am not familiar with the Insiders group you mentioned...do you get any compensation or incentive for making the referral?

Thanks for the good info. Taking an inflatable pool is a great idea.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Condo reviews are hard to find if any at all because most are individually owned not like a hotel room. When doing your search look for pictures and always keep asking questions as we can help with some condo buildings for you.

As for a compensation for being a insider. We just like helping people enjoy our favorite vacation spot on the east coast.

Ocean City
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: oceanfront condo or suite near boardwalk for group with kids

Your group might also consider renting two 2 bedroom condos that are in the same building, even adjacent or on the same floor. Let's you have more space, more bathrooms and a little more privacy, while being close enough to share the holiday. Sometimes can rent two 2 bedroom units for less than one four bedroom one. There are a lot of rental units in OC, sometimes people dither or second guess themselves about finding the best or perfect one, and find out that the better ones are gone by March or so. Would look around, book ones you like and not stress too much, it's just for a week.

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations