We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
New Restaurants for Summer 2014

I was in town this past weekend and noticed a good amount of new construction going on in town, most of it being restaurants/bars. Does anyone have any information about the cement building being built on Ocean hwy and 58th? Otherwise, what other new establishments are coming? Brewpub on 56th

Italian at 67th Holiday Inn

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Abbey Bistro Burger is new. Barn 34 is going in where the Christmas Store used to be on 34th St.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Thanks Momoo. I just saw a similar thread on the previous page. Shoulda looked before I posted my question. Even still, what was new last year may not be around this year so...

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Abbey Bistro is currently open on the weekends. Hopefully they redid their interior over the winter while closed.

After 30+ years, Reflections has now closed at the Holiday Inn on 67th, it will now be a Touch of Italy: http://www.touchofitaly.com/

Looks like a Taste of Italy at the corner of 6th & the Boards is now closed.

Barn 54 is owned by the same people of Pirates Den infamy.

You are correct iluvbeaches, what was new last year may not be around this year. Last year was a tough year for local restaurants, the weather didn't cooperate and the downturned economy closed a few of the smaller locations.

Edited: 31 March 2014, 11:20
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Edit button didn't cooperate - correction: Not Taste of Italy, it's Flavours of Italy at 6th.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Angelo's Restauarnt at 33rd & Coastal is closed. Guido's Burritos from the Boardwalk are opening a second location there.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
380 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Don't see Guido's as an off boardwalk type attraction. Seems more of a drunken stop on the boardwalk type place.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Gudio's was terrible the time we ate there. Burritos stuffed with rice, little else, with a side of....rice.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Does anyone know if Fat Daddy's ever opened their "rebuilt" downtown location? They kind of haven't updated their Facebook Page concerning it since last May.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

Bbear, did you know that the owner of Fat Daddy's is from Johnstown? I knew his mom and dad real well.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Restaurants for Summer 2014

momoo,

Yes, he told me he graduated from Conemaugh Twp. Do you know if the downtown location is open?