We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

We are planning a trip in August for a week - taking daughter and niece. I can't decide which hotel to stay at. The Grand seems to have alot inside, including game room for our 7 yr old niece and indoor and outdoor pool and the Belmont is right on the Boardwalk. Not sure about noise level there. Can anyone give me advice?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,485 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Hello,

This is the Support Forum for technical and general questions. You can post your question on one of the destination forums. Whichever city you are talking about, just type it and the word Forum into the search box at the top right side of this page and you will be redirected there, eg. Singapore forum, Boston Forum, Miami Forum.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Hi Mary,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Ocean City, Maryland Forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Well the Belmont is the king of the boardwalk. Your right in the center of the action and very nice but expensive place to stay. If I had the money for it then I would definitely book the Belmont.

Don't worry about any noise issue as the way it's built, noise will not be a issue.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

It depends on what you are looking for. As tfunky said the Belmont IS the king of the boardwalk....however The GG is the king of Ocean City in my opinion. The indoor and outdoor pool areas are great and the fitness center and playroom for kids is top of the line. The beach is very convenient with plenty of space. Personally I can't stand being anywhere near the boardwalk in the summer, but I don't have a seven year old. I'm sure I will get ripped for that statement but that is why I prefaced this reply with "it depends on what you are looking for". When purchasing a condo we looked at both buildings. While the Belmont is an awesome property, in my opinion the GG blows it away. Either way you will be staying at one of the premier buildings in OC. Enjoy.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

I've never stayed at the Belmont, but I have stayed many times at the Grand and recommend it. It's really convenient to great places to eat like Phillips, Coins, Embers, Fractured Prune, etc. all within walking distance. PLUS it's on the boardwalk, just higher up. You can always jump on the tram and ride down for those nights you want to be in the thick of things. And they have a 24 hour cafe for those late night and early morning must haves. We always get up to watch the sunrise and stop at the cafe for a muffin or doughnut and milk or coffee and then sit on their bistro tables outside and watch the sun come up. Plus they now have a spa if you need a good facial or massage. :)

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

momoo...the OP meant Gateway Grand condos as per her title. A little confusing since she mentioned Grand in her text.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

anybody got a link to Gateway, I like to check it out?

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

http://www.thegatewaygrand.com/

Albany NY
Level Contributor
485 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Tfunky, CBVacations has a lot of Gateway Grand units if you are looking to rent. I've looked at them a few times but have never booked there for various reasons. It is certainly one of the nicest places in Ocean City.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,231 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel - Belmont Towers or Gateway Grand?

Wow...Dude

That place is remarkable...Unbelievable....

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City