We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay...

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay...

My husband and I are looking to take a long weekend to OC next weekend....thinking about Thurs. to Sunday. Would like to stay on the on the beach. We are 58 y.o. and empty nesters. What would be a nice hotel on or near the beach and close to some nice restaurants that we can walk to...Thanks.

Centreville...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay...

I recommend Dunes Manor at 28th Street. It is ust a block form the north end of the boardwalk, and there are lots of lace to walk to in this area. Holiday Inn & Suites at 17th Street is also a good choice.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay...

Dunes Manor is very good, as is the Grand, the Holiday Inn Suites, and the Inn on the Ocean Bed and Breakfast (adults only). Holiday Inn on 67th is also nice, and the Quality Inn on 33 is one of our favorites. I'm 62 and those are some of the ones we repeatedly go to.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay...

Your looking at peak season and I can recommend some places but they may be booked already. Try one of these sites below, punch in your dates and see what's available and rates.

www.ocean-city.com

www.hotels.com

www.choicehotels.com

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay...

Out of these places which do you think is best....these have vacancies are in my budget...

King Charles Hotel

Sun-N-Fun

Princess Royale

Spinnaker

The Barefoot Mailman

Is there a big difference between the Dunes Manor and the Dunes Motel?

Thanks

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay...

The Spinnaker would be a good choice. It isn't oceanfront but is just a short walk to the beach and boardwalk (no busy streets to cross). The rooms are kitchenettes and were recently remodeled. The pool is located on a sundeck between the two buildings.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay...

Yes the Spinnaker is a fine spot, book it.

They have a nice breakfast cafe, walking distance to some nice restaurants and just of the boards at 18th street.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 20:50
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay...

Princess Royale or the Spinnaker. Princess is a larger hotel with more ammenities and the hotel is oceanfront. The Spinnaker is the second building back off the boardwalk.

Princess has indoor and outdoor pools, Spinnaker only outdoor. Both have on site restaurants, but the Princess is open for all meals and has a buffet certain nights. The Spinnaker only serves breakfast and lunch, sandwiches and waffles type things. Both have things within walking distance. Bull on the Beach is close to the Princess, among others.

Both were recently updated. Princess's rooms are MUCH larger. Spinnaker, you have to move a chair to open your door to the room's patio. Both are nice and I've stayed at both. It just depends on what's most important to you.

Dunes Manor is a hotel, and all rooms are oceanfront. Very nice place. They have an onsite restaurant, fabulous location, they serve complimentary tea and cookies or crumpets daily around 1 p.m. Since we're close to the same age, I would say you'd be very happy here. The Dunes Motel is the Dunes Manor's smaller sister. Not quite as nice, some oceanfront rooms and some poolside. It is right next to the boardwalk tram station so there will be more foot traffic here.The best part of these two places is that they are both convenient to the boardwalk, and some great places to eat like Embers, Phillips, Coins, and Fractured Prune.

Of all of the hotels you've mentioned, the Dunes Manor gets my vote hands down.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 01:17
Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay...

Out of those choices I'd go with Spinnaker. If you do stay at King Charles stop back by with a review. I've often thought about staying there for a few nights in season but always chicken out on booking..lol.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay...

Decided to go with King Charles.....thank you for the info and will let you know about the B and B.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay...

Yes definitely post back about how King Charles is & post a review with some pics of the room if you get a chance. I'm sure you'll have a great vacay :)

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City