We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Being as I am in OC for the week and my wife and I play tour guide for some of our friends when they are here, we know OC pretty well. Ask us anything, try to stump us or ask for dining advice. I have time to kill while chilling on the balcony and waiting for the lil lady to get dolled up to go out.

Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

By the way, Harborside Bar and Grill was awesome last night. Not packed on a weeknight, and darn good food!! Not a bad experience there yet in 4 years!!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

How is the Harborside Bar & Grill?

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Coming to OC next week for my first visit. I am staying at Holiday Inn on 17th. I have read all the restaurant reviews and top lists. I would like to walk to dinner a couple of nights, what would be your top three for that area. Walking distance, maybe 10 to fifteen blocks in each direction. Thanks.

Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Harborside is amazing. We make it a point to eat there every year. They are also the originator of the orange crush. Awesome drink.

Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Just was at Fishtales tonight. Awesome food and drinks. Check out the after dinner cruise on the Judith M. It is a hour and a half sunset cruise on the bay and ocean. 23 bucks a person, kids are free and there is a 3 dollar off coupon in the sunny day guide. Phillips seafood buffet is good too if you are into that kind of thing. Also peppers tavern on 15th and boardwalk is good.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Harbor side or captains table?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Top three restaurants south of 5th Street, and why?

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Harborside is okay, not really impressed with their food but the views are nice. Actually, Crab Alley (near harborsdie) is better in my opinion.

Have you tried Dead Freddies yet? They have a great happy hour and also a great outside deck scene.

Bull on the Beach on 94th st is good.

Also a few small but great choices are Belly Busters and place across from the Fenwick Inn. I can't remember the name but a family own place that serves great seafood.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
380 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Harborside is good if you stick to the basics, nothing fancy. For alcohol get the standards and of course the Orange Crush. Same thing goes for the food. The shrimp is good, most of the standard pub food is good, beyond that it is average. The bathrooms there are nasty, worse then some I have seen in late night in Fells Point.

As for top 5 restaurants south of 5, depends on what you are into. Some of the places are great breakfast places but average for anything else. If you are into Kabobs or Sushi there are places for that. If you are into high end seafood there are places for that, if you want a dinner cruise there is a place for that. If you are into a good view there is a place for that. If you want a place that serves Irish food on the boardwark there is a place for that. The range of food makes it difficult to suggest a top 5.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 14:18
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ask a guy who knows OC pretty good....

Intrepid, here's my $0.02. May not all be restaurants but here's the best food to be had south of 5th:

1. Frog Bar - great burgers, cheap drinks, great view. Awesome breakfast sandwich and brunch drink specials too.

2. The Wrapper - great pretzels stuffed with pretty much anything you could ever want. A little pricey for what you get, but delicious nonetheless. Try the seafood wrapper.

3. Atlantic Stand & Thrashers - good fried chicken and burgers. Fries, salt and vinegar. Say no more.