We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peakeys restaurant

Which Princess Anne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
princess anne...
1 post
Save Topic
peakeys restaurant

I have never heard so many nice things about this quaint little restaurant in princess anne, md. until i tried it twice!

i've heard that the chicken is first rate...(must be from someone with stock in salt futures)

Remember, i mentioned that i had chicken... i ordered chicken wing appetizers, and on the eve of their busy saturday night, they had none (thought we raised those here!)

settled for clam strips, and they turned out to be clam crumbs...might they have separate foods for folks they know?

The tossed salad was beyond room temp. I've been told that they prep lettuce in jumbo trash (clean, i hope) cans and dip up salad from there.

the dining room was warm, the window blinds were very dirty, the chandlier lights were dirty and cluttered with flies that kept dive bombing my plate.

the waitress was unaware of any of the components of the specials.

to top off all of this excitement, a couple sitting near us talked loud enough for us to hear that if we wanted to drink alcohol (wine) that we should have sat at the bar.

we moved to princess anne 2 years ago and do not have a deacent, let alone a clean place to go out and enjoy a meal without fear of illness or snide remarks from the local owners of somerset county.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: peakeys restaurant

I've eaten there twice while visiting my daughter at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Considering our only other options within a 10 mile radius were fast-food, we decided to give this place a try. I found the food to be adequate and the service fair/poor.

On our first visit the hostess acted like it was a major chore to put two tables together for our party of six. The waitress was very nice but she forgot to brings us our soup. Thankfully she remembered to take it off the check. I had a burger cooked medium well and it was very good. The crab dip had too much cheese on top and the salad was wilted.

On our second visit there was no hostess present and while the server waited on us efficiently, her attitude left something to be desired. Again, the food was adequate.

As Princess Anne is a college town and is frequently receiving visitors, they should really consider encouraging some nicer restaurants.

2. Re: peakeys restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Princess Anne
Recent Conversations