We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undecided on a B&B...

New Orleans
1 post
Save Topic
Undecided on a B&B...

My husband and I are in our late 20's.... We have family that we are visiting with on Kent Island and decided to go up a few days early to stay in St. Michaels. I am horrible at making decisions and have done tons of research on the various B&B's in town and cannot seem to make a decision. Does anyone have any advice? We are somewhat new to the b&b experience ... I would imagine a place that offers a decent amount of privacy, not overly obtrusive inn keepers, clean rooms without being too tacky Victorian and a lot of local hospitality would be great. We are from New Orleans and know great food, so I would expect the breakfast to be somewhat decent. I am trying to decide between Dr. Dodsons, Aida's Victoriana, Bay Cottage, The Parsonage, George Brooks house, and The Hambleton Inn. We are not big into spa's so I eliminated Five Gables.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
88 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Undecided on a B&B...

The Old Brick Inn is wonderful (on Talbot Street) and they have 3 houses or inns to choose from. If you want a bit more privacy, you can always book the Inn at Perry Cabin or St. Michaels Harbour Inn which are both larger properties, more indicative of a hotel but still allowing lots of charm. St. Michael's is small and you'll be able to walk everywhere. You can also rent or borrow a bike from the B&B and travel on flat land to Bellevue (7 miles) and catch the ferry to Oxford for 1/2 a day. For a remarkable dinner in St. Mikes try 208 Talbot!

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Undecided on a B&B...

Nola - Did you see the reviews on Trip Advisor for the B&B's in St. Michaels? Many of the ones you have researched got wonderful reviews. If you haven't taken a look, it may help you make a decision since these people have first hand knowledge of the property.

Philly
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Undecided on a B&B...

I spend a lot of time on Tripadvisor.com...nearly every review of the Parsonage raves about the gourmet breakfasts. Apparently the host is a former restaurant chef.

4. Re: Undecided on a B&B...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about St. Michaels