We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

Hi - To celebrate my 40th Birthday in July, my husband is taking me and my 2-year-old daughter to St. Michaels for 3 or 4 days. Since I usually serve as the "tour guide" in our family, I've checked out a number of the B&Bs recommended on TA, but most seem to discourage children. So here's what I'm looking for: a place that isn't too expensive, has personality/history, ideally on the water or with water views, has some grounds and isn't too "froo froo" (as I'd rather not spend $500 replacing an original antique vase my daughter might accidently break). I've zeroed in on the Victoriana Inn, Dr. Dodson's, maybe the Parsonage Inn or Point Breeze, but would appreciate a local/frequent SM visitor's guidance. Also, any recommendations for restaurants/cafes that serve great food in a casual atmosphere? As we really need to get on the stick with making arrangements, quick responses would be great.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

Hopefully someone will chime in with more specific information about your lodging selections. I think you would be better off being in the heart of the town, so you don't have to drive, but parking is not such a big deal. Parsonage is in town but not on the water, Point Breeze is out of the town center, Victoriana Inn I have seen and looks very charming. Excellent location. Don't know anything about Dr. Dodson's.

A relatively new casual but eclectic place that has opened for dining is Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar. Nice small menu and good wood-fired pizza. Key Lime Cafe is great for any meal, and has some unusual offerings in a low key atmosphere. Crab Claw is a touristy destination but it's location is prime, the atmosphere fun, and the selection good. You can dine on the outdoor deck, roll up your sleeves and start cracking some crabs. Perfect place to watch the parade of yachts cruise in or for your little one to marvel at all the ducks and geese. Town Dock is also quite casual, great waterfront location but a bit pricier.

Higher end is Bistro St. Michaels and 208 Talbot. There are casual bakeries and deli's where you can pick something up and then dine waterside at a park. You've got quite a bit of options.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

Thanks for the quick response!

Eastern Shore...
Level Contributor
73 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

I live very close to St. Michaels and have stayed at The Oaks, they are very child Friendly, its actually located in Royal Oak, which is on the way to St Michaels, but not very far away, they have lots of activities, and are close to the water, breakfast is great. Must eat at the Crab Claw that place is great or Chesapeake Landing which is a little further outside of St. Michaels near Tilghman, but way worth the drive!

4. Re: 2-Yr-Old Friendly St. Michaels Tips - B&B and Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Michaels