We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customer Service St Michaels

St. Michaels...
4 posts
Save Topic
Customer Service St Michaels

While I'm all for local businesses, my impression of this town after living here for a year is that customer service is non-existent. That goes for Easton as well. What have you experienced visiting here? High prices to gauge the tourists for bad food, rude people at the Maritime Museum, the list goes on. Bring a nice picnic, it is a beautiful place, just don't expect anyone to behave remotely normally. They just want your money and for you to go away as soon as possible, never mind that their livelihood depends on retirees and tourists. Watch out for flying pickup trucks as you cross the street.

Saint Michaels, MD
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

I tend to agree that customer service is lacking in many places on the eastern shore. Grumpy people doing jobs they don't like and more than willing to tell you they can't wait to get off. I think it must be the culture of the area. Definitely not the South!

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

Since you sound so unhappy, why don't you move?...life is too short. Also, both of you posters are certainly "painting with a broad stroke" I lived on the Eastern Shore for ten years and don't agree, there are nice and there are rude people everywhere.

Interesting you both total 5 posts..all negative.

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

Yeah, Baybuff, I totally agree. Sounds like a couple of friends that got dumped from jobs and have an axe to grind. I live on the western shore and go to the eastern shore for good food and service. St. Michaels has lots of nice spots. Too bad these two can't seem to enjoy them. Plenty of others do.

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

Carpenter Street Saloon. We come to town once a year and we go there on Friday night of the weekend we get down. My impression over 3 years is that the bartenders don't like loud out-of-towners there. I admit we are that. But whoever is entertaining loves us and we tip well and liven the place up, singing and dancing. I think most patrons are not offended by us.

At the bar to have the bartenders TOTALLY ignore you and serve someone else is rude. Actually making eye contact and then moving to the locals.

We all just walked out and went down to the Blackthorn. I love the bar but vote with my dollars.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 17:52
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

Carpenter Street is mostly local's bar. Being a native I can tell you there are mixed opinions of all the new people who have moved to the area and the fact that St Michaels has become a destination. No longer do you know all of your neighbors, the roads have become crowded, some people do not fit in with the natives. They want to change everything.

While tourism is good for businesses, the quality of life here has changed. I will say from first hand experience, the vacation rental house that is near me, the renters are loud and boisterous and seem to have complete dis regard for the people who live nearby.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

I have had breakfast at Carpenter Street and found the staff to be wonderful.

7. Re: Customer Service St Michaels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Michaels