We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

Hello! My friends and I would love to see a Maryland Bluecrabs game. The thing is we are goiong to be staying in Gettysburg, PA. I checked Map Quest and according to them it is an over 2 hour drive. Is this true? And are there ways of getting around this to make it a shorter trip? It would be night time when the game is over so I figured there would be less traffic going back to Gettysburg. Especially if the game ends around 10pm. Could someone please help with some advice? Thanks! : )

Mentioned in this post
Maryland
Maryland
United States
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

From Gettysburg, you would be MUCH closer to such minor league teams as the Frederick Keys, the Hagerstown Suns, and even the Bowie Baycrabs, than you would to the Waldorf Blue Crabs. Would one of those teams work for you?

Edited: 22 July 2010, 22:57
Mentioned in this post
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Hagerstown
Hagerstown
Maryland
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

Hey there! Thanks for your reply! We are from Long Island and we go to Long island Duck games regularly. We have already seen the York Revolution, and Lancaster Barnstormers. The Southern Maryland Bluecrabs are also in the same league which is why we wanted to see them. I have never heard of the ones you have mentioned. We are trying to see the minor league teams that are in the SAME league. Either way it is far so we are having second thoughts. We may try to see them play next year. Perhaps if we stay in Washington DC it will be easier to get there. I don't think I want to drive 2 hours back to Gettysburg. Thanks again for your help! : )

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Pennsylvania
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Maryland
Maryland
United States
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

O.K. I hope you're able to return sometime and see the many fine outstanding sights of Washington DC. There are also several national brand Motels in Waldorf, MD if you need them. (Correction: the name of the Bowie team is "Baysocks").

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

It is a long trek, and it really can't be made any shorter. We sometimes pass by that way on our way to Williamsburg from Gettysburg (taking 301 across the Potomac to avoid parts of I-95) and it is quite a distance. The driving isn't particularly pleasant, either, as you'll be on the Beltway for part of the trip. I think it's wise to put it off for another trip. Have a great time in Gettysburg!

Mentioned in this post
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

Yes I agree! It really is way to far. We have decided to drive up to York again and see the Revolution instead. They are playing the weekend we are up there. Perhaps next year we will stay in DC and that will make the trip a lot closer. Thanks again to everyone for all your help! I can't wait to be back in Gettysburg!! Its my 5th time there!

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Pennsylvania
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
6. Re: Regarding Maryland Bluecrabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Waldorf
Recent Conversations