We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

Which Brewster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

My husband and I just returned from a week in Englewood, FL. We go there every year and love the Old Florida quiet/privateness of it. After we returned, we decided as much as we love it, it's time for a change. We'd like to try a similar location but in New England.

I have been scouring google looking for a old fashioned seaside New England town and came up with Brewster. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate, and if not (or even so) does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd like to look around at 2 or 3 more towns.

We are budget travelers who will have 2 children under the age of 3. We are looking for a quiet week or long weekend at a beach cottage, some good seafood, and some fun digging in the sand. That's all. Nothing fancy, we don't even eat out very often just 2-3 times during a week.

Thanks!

Michele

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

Thanks everyone! Originally I was thinking we would come down in August. But now it seems like September might be more economical and better for our schedule. Can anyone comment on the weather then? I will certainly check out Dennisport- what about Orleans? How family and budget friendly is that?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,929 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

Can you plan for the last week of August? Since kids go back to school that week is more lightly booked. If you do this you will find everything open. If you come after Labor Day the weather will be nice, you won't have to pay to park at the beaches but some things will be closed and that Cape summer "buzz" is gone imho.

We have found that rates drop that week. If you want a cottage for that week you may be able to negotiate a price drop. For the least hassle work with a reputable realtor who has a lot of inventory. For Dennisport that would be www.marthamurrayrealestate.com. You'll need a motel for a stay of less than a week.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

Must be so difficult for some rental property owners to compete with all the gorgeous rentals in Dennis.....I don't know how they do it.

If you can't rely on the marketing acumen of your listing realtor, how would a homeowner proceed? I guess if your property is beautifully maintained and fairly priced, a realtor would have no trouble finding seasonal tenants right through September. It's a tough business all round.

14. Re: Planning a Trip for 09 HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 04:19