We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Which Brewster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

I have been wanting to try 28 Atlantic at the Wequasset for a couple of years. Was hoping to go this summer with my husband but recently heard that they require that men wear jackets. My husband, on principle (his not mine) will not wear a jacket on the Cape (so that nixes CBI main dining room).

Anyone know if this is the case? And if there's no need for jackets, would you make an effort to get there? I know the view is beautiful and hard to get at a restaurant on the Cape.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

The Wequasset requires that men wear "business casual". This always makes me laugh. This simply means a long sleeved (or less often worn, short sleeved) collared dress shirt, dress pants or nice khakis and decent shoes. No sandals or sneakers. No tie needed nor a jacket. In other words: The summer dinner uniform (as my husband calls it). This is what the men in my life wear when "dining" out on the Cape rather than just going out to "eat".

Having said that, we saw more than a few jackets and ties when we were at 28 last week; but none in our party felt (nor looked) the least bit inappropriate in their "business casual" dress.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Thanks Fussy. Very helpful. My husband does have business casual clothes here on the chance that he needs to go back to the office sometime during our stay.

And is 28 Atlantic as delicious as we hear it is?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Fussy,

I am allergic to seafood (shellfish as well as fish).

Are there are enough landlubber options on 28 Atlantic's menu? The site's online menu only gives a brief sample...

Thanks.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

The non-seafood offerings are available but limited. They had a chicken dish, a steak dish, another beef dish and an organic "Chatham vegetable" dish when we were recently there for dinner. You can call before you go to see what's offered for that night. Everything here is yummy (not cheap, but really good). Seafood allergies are really awful!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Thanks Fussy.

I am not sure where to go for an anniversary dinner... On another thread Abba and Chillingsworth were recommended as well as 28 Atlantic. I don't care for the Abba menu, so I ruled that out... but I am not sure which one to pick. Prefer to have more variety in the non-seafood offerings... Do not like gourmet... but do like French bistro/brasserie... or well done American....

Any other thoughts?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Chillingsworth is really good. 28 Atlantic would be great for your dinner. (You didn't want to go there?)

Did you look at menus at The Impudent Oyster, Cafe Edwige, Ocean House?

I haven't eaten here in years, but has anyone eaten in the main dining room or at the Grill "on" the beach at Chatham Bars Inn lately?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

The Ocean House in Dennisport isn't so stuffy as to not offer some pasta dishes along with the foie gras! You might look at their menu carefully; it seems to have quite a variety of items that might suit you. (Chicken, veal, pork, vegetarian, beef etc.) The setting isn't too shabby either!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

I like the menu/description of Ocean House!

I think I might go for that one.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

We went to the Ocean House last year and thought the food was delicious. All of it. But it's a bit noisy. Fine for some but my darling husband has some hearing loss..so it was hard (even I thought it was loud). But we were in the larger of the two rooms. I would definitely give it a try.

Another idea: Bramble Inn. We just went there on the spur of the moment the other night and enjoyed it. Very romantic. Special spot. But pricey. About $250 with tip for two of us for the prix fixe four course meal with one bottle of wine and a tip. You can now do a la carte....we might do that the next time. My husband LOVED the chicken and lobster (one of their two specialties). and they did have quite a few beef and non-seafood dishes although many seafood ones as well.

Happy Anniversary.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 28 Atlantic -- Dress code?

Thanks for all the tips. We have a reservation for Ocean House. Looking forward to our trip!