We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

The Frozen North...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

Booked april 20 and 21 at ocean's edge. first time there and cape newbies. Good places for breakfast takeout, lunch sandwiches, not fancy but good dinner takeout, maybe even seafood?

Also, bike itinerary suggestions from there? 2 adults with an 8 year old so not too far. i know we can pick up the path from there, where to head/stop. Thanks!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

The bike path is paved and there are no sections that include a busy road between Brewster and Orleans. You will find many options for lunch and beaches if you head north from Brewster on the bike trail. I would think that getting to the Visitor's Center in Eastham might be a bit of a stretch for your young one, but Orleans seems reasonable. If you venture off the bike path for lunch you might try the Yardarm on Rt 28. There are crosswalks and sidewalks in Orleans center so you can park your bikes (bring a lock) and walk around a bit.

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

Friends have recommended Local Flavor on Underpass Road in Brewster for breakfast (bagels, coffee,etc) and takeout lunch (sandwiches, paninis, salads, etc..) You can check out their site on the web.

The Frozen North...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

Our trip was great. we enjoyed the rail trail toward Harwich very much. stopped after about 3 miles at a pond to have sandwiches, then biked back. Didn't get too adventurous with food, kid was tired after busy days of beach, pool and biking. We liked lobster rolls and lobster bisque from JT's seafood, just before Ocean edge on the left. There are several takeout options right near the hotel.

Ocean Edge beach side was great, rooms were very nice. At off-season rates, I felt we got what we paid for. What a pretty spot. Got to see the herring run one morning as well. Fun and interesting.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

Oh great! So did you stay in the resort or the beach villas? Any other details about the accommodations or the resort? If I'm pushing it too much then I'll just thank you for the comments that you already made and wish you a happy return to the Cape in future.

The Frozen North...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

We stayed in the resort's "west wing" building on the beach (mansion) side. very nice rooms, easy walk to beach. see my full review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g41476-d2645…

Boston...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

I know your trip has ended, but I wanted to recommend Local Flavor as well. In addition to their varied menu, they will make any sandwich you can conceive. They're only open for breakfast and lunch and are next to Ardeo and the Bike Shop on underpass road. The bike path from the villages at Ocean Edge will take you right there.

17. Re: Takeout and biking suggestions near Ocean's Edge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:15