We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

Which Brewster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

We are staying in Nickerson's State Park and LOVE hot lobster rolls. Where's the best (fresh, reasonable, close) place to buy lobster meat by the pound? Thanks!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

I'd try Stop& Shop in Orleans

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

most of the supermarkets and lobster pounds are pretty competitive on price. and it depends on if buying tail meat or just claws. whole lobsters are substantially less per pound because paying for the shells also. never tried to figure out the comparison between buying whole vs cost per pound of the lobster you shell yourself. you should check the newspapers where prices are usually advertised.

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

Kendrick.......we'll keep that in mind.

Neslaw..........like eating 'em, but not cleaning 'em ;)

Thanks!

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

I know you asked about lobster meat by the pound and specifically said you like HOT lobster rolls ... but I had to throw in a plug for my favorite lobster roll joint on the Cape.

It's Young's Fish Market at Rock Harbor in Orleans. (Just a short drive up 6A from Nickerson.) Big chunks of lobster meat, fresh rolls, not too much mayo, no filler junk, and really reasonably priced. Around $10 each, the last time we were there, if memory serves. They serve their lobster rolls cold, but they're to die for, even so!

Although I've never bought lobster by the pound at Young's, their prices overall are very reasonable, so I'm guessing their lobster-by-the-pound prices are competetive, too.

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

I'll look into that, thanks!

West Barnstable...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

Sorry, but Stop & Shop doesn't sell lobster meat. Sometimes they do have canned frozen Canadian lobster meat, but don't do that! Also, I never see it advertised in the paper so that's a waste of time as well. There is a nice fish market just down the road from Nickerson off Underpass Road in Brewster. The name escapes me, but it's in the turn-off where El Guapos and Ferretti's Market are. Expect to pay about $40 per pound. (It takes about 5-6 chicken lobster to get a pound of meat)

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

Yup, it was $39/lb at Swan River Fish Market this past weekend. Let us know what you find if you don't mind.

Also, are you at camp now? Just wondering how you are connecting to the internet.....air card?

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

I'll let you guys know what we end up doing.

Cape Cod Charlie - we won't be at camp until Thursday (woohoo!). That's when we turn off ALL electronics.......No ipods, cellphones, laptops, DVD players, televisions, etc.

Can't wait to get back to Cape Cod :)

9. Re: Where can I buy reasonably priced lobster meat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:47