We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington 95 south summer

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington...
1 post
Save Topic
Burlington 95 south summer

Hi- I just moved to Burlington. My daughter has a summer job in Wayland 9-5 schedule. She will need to be on 95 for at least 6 miles before getting on 2A. I'm wondering what traffic is like around that time. I understand that summer traffic may be lighter but not sure how much lighter....

Laura

5 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington 95 south summer

Traffic will be very heavy, but she'll just have to allow plenty of time and grin and bear it. There really aren't any good alternative routes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burlington 95 south summer

Welcome to the Boston area. Bad traffic is a fact of life here. Some people request flextime and arrive at 7am or whatever. That can help, but it presumes an understanding employer and the will to be up and on the road before dawn. There's WBZ radio for traffic reports and apps like waze. My friend has a gps that directs him around traffic but also takes him miles out of the way. I don't like that idea. Secondary routes may help if there's an accident or breakdown on a given morning/evening, but ...there's no escaping traffic.

Tell her to be careful. Saying you're late because of bad traffic works only if there's some calamity so dramatic everyone is late: chickens on the road, jackknifed trailer, etc. Regular traffic is to be expected. Even though it's "just" a summer job, she won't want the most memorable thing about her to be lateness. Be wildly early day 1 and then go from there. Understand that back roads can be tied up too and have lights. It's not exactly the same commute time every day.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 15:04
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burlington 95 south summer

It really depends exactly where you are in Burlington and where she is going in Wayland - I have done the opposite commute on various occasions in my life and it never occurred to me to get on 128 at all - usually I would drive route 62 to Concord to 126 through Lincoln.

In any case to answer your question: the traffic will be bumper-to-bumper and extremely thick going south on 128 in the morning.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 15:19
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burlington 95 south summer

And also very heavy coming back from around 4-6:30/7.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 15:37
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burlington 95 south summer

Some mornings she will cruise right along. Basically she will need to hit the road no later than 8:00 am. Untill she gets the feel for the traffic patterns, I'd leave at 7:30. Lots of places in wayland to have coffee if early.

Reply to: Burlington 95 south summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burlington