We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Inn in Chatham...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Inn in Chatham...

or is that even a possibility?

Don't want to spend over $200 per night for last July. Would love some input on scaling down my accomodations a bit. Thanks

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Inn in Chatham...

Do you need to stay in Chatham?

If so, I can point you in a few directions. I live here year round. Don't get caught up in the hype - Chatham is wonderful, but the prices do not always reflect the level of accomodation. If you must stay in Chatham, try The Chatham Tides or The Hawthorne. Family owned for years - both of 'em. The Hawthorne also runs The Chatham Motel.

However when my parents visit from Evanston Illinois, they often stay at The Cove in Orleans. Lots of local folk put family there. It's clean, comfortable, and an absolutely beautiful drive along Pleasant Bay to Chatham. It's also on Orleans Town Cove, so you can get a waterview for a fraction on Chatham prices. How much time to plan to stay in your room anyway? Orleans is a great portal to the Outer Cape as well. A (relatively) quick drive to Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro etc.

Hope this helps.

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Inn in Chatham...

I should add - the best time to visit Chatham is in late September. The days are still warm, but the crowds are gone. Families with kids are back in school - both tourist families and local families. Prices start to come down too at the hotels...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Inn in Chatham...

Thank you Mermaid. I will check on the properties that you have given me.

4. Re: Affordable Inn in Chatham...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Chatham