We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inns vs B&Bs vs Hotels - difference?

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Inns vs B&Bs vs Hotels - difference?

Hi all, your advice would be appreciated - we are an Irish honeymoon couple hoping to visit Cape Cod and specifically Chatham in early June. The B&Bs like the Captain's Inn look great - are they basically what would be considered hotels elsewhere? They seem to have great amenities and look to me to be as luxurious as hotels - am I missing something? thanks a lot! Also, what size is Chatham roughly? Thanks!!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inns vs B&Bs vs Hotels - difference?

Congratulations, Lorraine, on your upcoming marriage! And I think you've made a great choice of Cape Cod for your honeymoon.

I would assume that many of the larger inns in Chatham and elsewhere on the Cape are similar to hotels. However, most will not have a front desk staffed at all times of the day or night, room service (other perhaps for breakfast in some cases), a restaurant on site, and amenities like a fitness center or possibly a pool. Many are very nice and I would think you can get a great idea of how nice they are by reading TA reviews.

I'll let others tell you how large Chatham is as I don't know. It's a lovely, quaint town with many restaurants and shops. There are many scenic areas as well and it is situated at the mid-point of the Cape so that other day trips are possible.

There were some posts recently that it was getting difficult to find accommodations in early June (probably due to many weddings at that time of year). January is also a time when many innkeepers take some time off for their own vacations so you may fine it a bit challenging to get responses. But keep trying....the Cape is a special place and well-suited for both romance and adventure on your honeymoon.

Chatham...
Level Contributor
19 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inns vs B&Bs vs Hotels - difference?

Hi Lorraine,

One difference between B & B's and Hotels in the U.S. is that B & B's here offer breakfast and sometimes other amenities as part of the room price, for which hotels usually charge extra.

The Captain's House is lovely, the food is superb and the service is also wonderful.

Chatham has a resident population of about 6,700. It is a picturesque resort community, surrounded by water on 3 sides with year around activities and scenic beaches.

For additional information about Chatham, you may find details on the Chamber of Commerce website at www.chathaminfo.com.

Danielle J. - Chatham Business Owner & Resident

3. Re: Inns vs B&Bs vs Hotels - difference?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Chatham