We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatham in March

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Chatham in March

Traveling Martch 26-29. Looking for beachfront hotel or house. Checked home away but not much for 2 adults (30) beachfront. We figured Chatham would be the best area to stay in being its central location and the amount of time in out trip. Any suggestions on a great location and local restaurants would be helpful! Love seafood (oysters....a must) and steak and trying cuisine unique to the location. Like the local bar scene as opposed to the more popular traveled. Thanks!!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chatham in March

Forgot to mention.....want to stay close enough to be able to walk to and from hotel/house to restaurants/bars. Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chatham in March

CBI or Ocean's Edge Inn? Good choices?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chatham in March

Ocean Edge is in Brewster and really not a walk to anywhere (although it's a beautiful setting on Cape Cod Bay).

CBI just had a sale on Travelzoo but you had to book by March 16th. They had rooms for $129.00 (I know...outrageous). You might give them a call and see if they have any rooms left at that price, but I doubt it.

If you want to walk to shops, bars, restaurants in Chatham, check out The Wayside Inn on Main St. and The Bradford Inn on Cross St. These are really nice inns close to everything.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chatham in March

Take look at Provincetown for lodging that will put you near the water and restaurants/bars. Chatham is lovely but still kind of sleepy...sounds like you might want a bit more action.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chatham in March

Chatham was up and running this weekend! Lovely!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chatham in March

We do want a taste of night life so I was a little concerned given the time of year. I did read there seems a bit more to do in Provincetown but thought maybe Chatham was better with its central location. So any suggestions for Chatham... What was happening this past weekend?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chatham in March

Just business as usual in Chatham. Impudent Oyster was filled, as was the Squire. Nice weekend.

Provincetown is a great place to be as well, arguably one of the liveliest gay communities on the East coast. There's a link you can check for Ptown activities and openings by month. I love Provincetown, it's lovely:

www.celebrateprovincetown.com

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chatham in March

You might take a peek here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41499-d1089618…

The Beach House is a cute place, downtown. Ask for a room facing the rear of the property.

9. Re: Chatham in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Chatham