We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatham August 2009

southampton uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Chatham August 2009

Hi All,

Just wantred to pick your brains on how feasible the following plan is. We fly into Boston on 11th August and drive to Chatham staying at Captain's House Inn for 6 nights so thinking:

Thursday - Look around Chatham, boat trip to Monomoy Island

Friday - Passenger ferry from Harwich to Nantucket - Island tour - back evening

Saturday - Hyannis and Cape Canal trip or Whale watching at Provincetown. Hoping to get reservation at 28 Atlantic for eveniong meal as a treat

Sunday - Plimoth Plantation

Monday - Marthas Vineyard from Hyannis and island tour

Tuesday - Drive back to Boston - should we visit anywhere en route as we had the car in when we get to Boston.

Sorry such a long post and thanks in advance for help,

Maggie

southampton uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chatham August 2009

Thanks fussyguest for PM - I was starting to worry I had made a mistake and this is meant to be a 'special' holiday - silver wedding anniversary etc. Also first big holiday on our own! Looking forward to less negotiation about what to do each day.

Katieebee109 - what made us end up in Chatham - we were looking at Cape Cod and my OH found an article in the Guardian waxing lyrical about Chatham. Very much looking forward to sitting watching fishing boats come in, our idea of bliss.

USA09MA - yes we fly from Heathrow on 12th - staying the night at a travelodge as flight time meant we might have to face M3/M25 in rush hour and not really brave enough as the thought of being in stationery traffic watching your flight time get closer is too scary. Perhaps we'll hear your Brit accents at the Inn. The pictures do look lovely and I am now getting more excited whilst trying not to panic at To Do list before I go away. My fantasy of having caught up at work before leaving is going to remain just that - a fantasy.

ccrosner - like the idea of a day chilling on Saturday and think we would like the whale watching on Sunday too. I will investigate the Lobster Pot! Helpful to know Plimoth would take around 2 hours.

Thanks again for all the help and comments - this is such a great resource!

Maggie

12. Re: Chatham August 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Chatham