We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pates, Impudent? in chatham

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pates, Impudent? in chatham

Off to Chatham next week, mid April, for 2 nights. Would you recommend: Impudent Oyster, Chatham Squire, and/or Pates? We get breakfast at our inn (have to find some way to fit in Marian's Pie Shop, I know) so only looking for 2 additional dinners. The last time we spent any time in Chatham was 25 years ago, pregnant with my first, and had such a memorable meal at Pates I never forgot it! Undoubtedly due to the preganancy, but, still..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pates, Impudent? in chatham

Hi, chippie -- I LOVE The Impudent Oyster, but I prefer their lunch menu over the dinner one, and of, course, it's less expensive too.

They serve lunch until 3, so I make that my main meal of the day & then basically skip supper, simply have some fruit & yogurt or a salad... and maybe a piece of a Marion's pie ;-)

Be sure to order the Impudent's "signature" butternut squash bisque; they'll be happy to give you the recipe if you'd like (and my hunch is that you will!)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pates, Impudent? in chatham

Oops, forgot to tell you that the Impudent posts their menus outside their front door so you can see the prices & specials.

P.S. I'd pick the Chatham Squire over Pate's... more fun atmosphere and decent enough food; Pate's has excellent service, but I think the food is ho-hum, especially for the price -- but my opinion may be skewed by virtue of the fact I don't eat beef.

For a splurge meal, consider the Vining Bistro just down the street from the Squire.

boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pates, Impudent? in chatham

We like Pate's for a nice occasion. A bit pricey and the atmestphere is boring but the steaks are good. Chatham squire does a fabulous prime rib. Don't no much about impudent oyster other than the 1 time we were there it was ok... enjoy your week.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pates, Impudent? in chatham

We love the Impudent Oyster! Try the scallop sandwich - it's heavenly. Another good choice is Bucca's on rt 28. Romantic atmosphere + great Italian food.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pates, Impudent? in chatham

Thanks, everyone. We're off tomorrow and I'll let you know how we make out. On "The Phamtom Gourmet," a local TV show that rates restaurants, just our luck that they highlighted Cape Cod this past weekend. They took the viewer to Mahoney's Atlantic Bar and Grill in Orleans, where there seafood looked terrific. Reviews on this site were excellent. So, we'll do Impudent or Squires, and then head over to Mahoney's Atlantic Bar and Grill for their dinner and jazz show. Think I'll heed all your advice and skip Pates. If we want lunch, I'll be sure we eat it at Impudent Oyster.Cheers.

Get answers to your questions about Chatham