We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Stroll Questions

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
370 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Stroll Questions

My husband and I are planning to visit Chatham for the Christmas Stroll. I cannot find too many details on times for activities (I have been to the Chatham website which lists the available activities, but does not tell the times/durations of each). Does anyone know how I can find out more information?

Also, we would like to be able to walk to everything- what are some great places for us to check out for accommodations?

Any tips or suggestions about Chatham or the Stroll will be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Lori

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Hi Lori -

Here's a link to a PDF that gives some basic daily info for Chatham's "Christmas by the Sea".

chathaminfo.com/shared-files/…202012.pdf

As the Holidays near, I'm sure they'll publish more detailed info.

Re lodging, a few ideas (depending on your preferred type of lodging and budget) might be the Bradford Inn, the Wayside Inn, and Chatham Bars Inn. The Bradford and The Wayside are downtown. Chatham Bars is a little farther out; but if I recall correctly, I think they run a trolley/shuttle service from the hotel to Main Street during the Holidays.

Hope this helps!

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

As far as another place to stay on Main St. just a couple of blocks from the center of town is The Cranberry inn.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Consider going to the Christmas Stroll on Nantucket as another option.

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
370 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Hello Everyone,

We did the Nantucket Stroll last year and loved it. Our idea is to try a new stroll each year moving forward. I know they will all be different, but for us it is about celebrating the season in different ways.

I will check into the Bradford, Wayside and Cranberry. I have heard wonderful things about the Bars Inn, but think we would prefer to be right in the center unless it is very close or people think it is especially worth it...

THANK YOU!!! Please keep the tips coming!!

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Is Chatham bars "worth it"? Hmmm ... that's a great question.

Well, it certainly ain't cheap. But it is a lovely place to stay.

You might want to call and ask if they'll be offering any Christmas Stroll specials or packages. Still won't be "bargain basement" rates, I'm sure. But perhaps worth it for a special stay.

chathambarsinn.com/accommodations/specials

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Just checked CBI's website and it looks like the only rooms still available for the Stroll weekend (Dec. 7-9) are cottage rooms.

If I were going to stay at CBI during Christmas Stroll, I'd want to be in the main inn.

Under the circumstances, I'd probably opt to stay in town.

Chatham...
Level Contributor
19 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Suggest you check www.chathamlodging.com for a list of properties in Chatham which includes availability, website links, and descriptions. Also, you might call the Chatham Chamber of Commerce at 508-945-5199 or they list an 800 number on their website at www.chathaminfo.com.

There is lots to do in Chatham this year because the town is celebrating its 300th anniversary. For an updated list of activities in town, see www.chatham300.org.

Edited: 19 October 2012, 03:06
Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Also for lodging. Contact Vera at the Bow Roof Guest House--very convenient location and the best rates in Town. 508-945-1346

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
505 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

Nickquenum: Just wondering -- why post to a thread from almost a YEAR ago. esp one that is time sensitive as to content?

10. Re: Christmas Stroll Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Chatham